New member that needs your help

Cdudley

Oct 26, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi my name is Caitlin and I'm new to this site in seek of major assistance. I have a 2 year old french bulldog; her name is Bella with a skin irritation. She has had this same condition last year around this same exact time. She was treated with medicated shampoo twice a week and cephalexin 2x a day. Now I am back at square one. :(

Her symptoms are a light rash on her belly. And on her back she has these little pink circles is how they start out. Then turn moist and dry out by scabbing over. The scab then falls of and the area were the scab was the first layer of skin is peeled back. Then look normal again. I just don't understand what is causing them or how to gain control over them. If any other Bulldogs have this issue?

Please any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

sincerely, Caitlin

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3:

it could be a number of thing, but my guess w/o a photo would be a staph infection which is usually caused by weaken immune Shem, which I turn is a result of allergies.

what do you feed... Brand and protein? Where do you live, .. Could be the season change? Can you post a few pictures so the members can see and give better insight/advice?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site. It may just be seasonal allergies. Try Benedryl to start and see it that helps. dose is 1 mg per pound of weight. For a Frenchie, just give one 25 mg. pill. We would also like to invite you to our Frenchie forum at French Bulldog News Forums - French Bulldog News Forum come on over. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online