hey people NEW OWNER HERE!!!

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Hi friends how are you!!! im a proud owner of a English Bulldog girl name HAZEL.. she is awesome this is my first bulldog was born on july 10!! i just got here from my breeder today!!! Any good tips for me how i can keep this girl in good shape and healthy!!! need help with everything WHAT ARE THE DO's and DONTS... i know its alot of resposibility but im up for the challenge!!! THANK YOU all and i hope we become great friends!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Jamie, welcome to EBN to you and Hazel. Congratulations on your new baby, you must be so excited. We need pictures of Hazel, so hope you share some cute pictures soon. You will love this site, it becomes quite addicting, there is a lot of great information, and lots of great people who are always willing to answer your questions, give advice, and share experiences.

Okay so to answer your questions and give you a good start, the best place to go is to the Home page, there are lots of articles to read regarding Food and Nutrition, Grooming, Health, What you Need For A New Puppy, etc. you want to start with with a good nutritious food, start with a puppy formula, as they need the extra calories, vitamins and minerals for the rapid growth and development of a puppy. The dog Food Ratings on here list the dog foods rated from a 6 Star down to a 1 Star. You want to choose a 4 Star or better Food. Examples of these are Fromm's, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Go Natural,
Arcana, and Orijen. A lot of Bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken and grains, so it is best to choose a food that isn't chicken based and is grain free. You can give her supplements such as plain unsweetened yogurt, I add 2 Tbsps to the morning kibble everyday, yogurt is a good source of Probiotics, which help with digestion, and boost the immune system, I also add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the drinking water everyday, ACV, has many health benefits, it is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it also balances the Ph levels of the blood. I also add 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil to the evening kibble, which a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids, this is great for the bones and joints, the skin and coat, and also the brain.

When buying toys for your bully, make sure she doesn't eat or chew her toys before leaving her unsupervised. Many bullies including mine eat stuffed animals, soft toys, blankets, pillows, etc. mine can't have any of these things, unless I'm with them and watching them. They can only have toys that are bigger than their mouth, and hard chew toys, I usually stick with the Kong toys.

Do you have a crate for her? Are you going to crate train her? We use our crate for sleeping at night, and for when we go out and they can't be supervised. It's their safe place.

here are some links you can check out.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...You-should-have-if-you-own-an-English-Bulldog

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?203-Our-Top-5-Recommended-Dog-Food-Choices

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...its-of-Apple-cider-vinegar&highlight=Benefits

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] has you covered with good info.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would love to see pics of your new baby...

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Welcome hope you find everything and congrats on your new family member look forward to reading all about her and to watch her pictures as she grows

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Hey where are the pics? You can't tease us like that! :tease:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.