New to this rodeo :)

meganmarie

Sep 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella Grace
Saturday morning I drove 3 hours one way to pick up a 2.5 year old female from a puppy mill. This little girl was so scared. This was the story I got. She's 2.5 years old. Has a litter every time she goes into heat beginning her very first one :( This past litter required a csection and only 2 of the 6 pups survived. After the csection she had no interest in nursing them. So their answer was to drown her, one of the men said she wasn't worth the bullet. :*(
I found out because a farm hand (not amish, which was odd be I thought only Amish could work on an amish farm) anyways-the farm hand called his aunt which is this older lady that goes to my church. She knows I've rescued every one of my zoo members :p I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 4 hermit crabs and God knows how many outside kitty's I feed. Anyways-the man who lives at this farm kept saying he didn't have any mothers that he didn't want anymore til I offered 300 for her. He then gave her to me, and we've never looked back. She's never had a name, never seen the outside of her crate in the barn, never known a gentle hand. We named her Ella Grace and while this will be interesting, she will be a wonderful pet some day. She wants to trust but is really cautious. I have to carry her up and down my deck stairs as she's petrified. At first any noise really made her react, it's getting better. I gave her a peanut butter stuffed kong the other night, she wouldn't do anything with it until I put some peanut butter on her nose and then she was like ohhhh what's this what's this? I thought I stepped in poo this morning and I lifted my shoe not thinking, and she automatic went down on her belly and closed her eyes. Poor poopsy. She prefers women to men, she's my little shadow. She likes when my husband talks to her and pets her but doesn't seek out his attention like she does mine and she absolutely loves my kids. One day at a time with her :)
so any advice or support on how to get her to be a happy little girl the way she should be will be greatly appreciated

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3:You are a wonderful caring person to have rescued her from that horrible place! It sounds like you already know what to do! She has to learn to trust-and that will come when she realizes that no one there is going to hurt her. I would give her a little time to adjust-and then she probably needs a vet check, as she has probably never had any shots! Just time, patience, and love and she will learn trust. Thank you for giving her the life she deserves. I hope her former "owner" burns in hell.:censored: She will be a grateful wonderful girl-and even learn to play, when she adjusts to her new GOOD life!!!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh my gosh this is absolutely heart breaking. Poor girl. She is so lucky to have been saved by you.

I don't have any advice but wanted to say you've done a wonderful and touching thing. :heart:

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
First, welcome to EBN. Secondly, thank you for rescuing Ella Grace. I have a similar story with Bentley, who was in a crate/kennel for 8 months, and it will take a while for EG to come around. Alot of patience and love. We have had Bentley now for three months and it took him two months before he knew what a toy was/is. Bentley did not go for PB either. Bentley does not like loud noises and started barking at the air a month ago. I think your girl is in shock and needs TLC which your family will provide to her. God's speed and again thanks for making Ella Grace's her forever home.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
(Oh you can upload pics to photobucket, and copy and paste the IMG link)

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Thank you so much for rescuing the sweet girl. She will most likely need lots of therapy from those years of neglect. If possible, please report the puppy mill formally. These places should not exist.
Please post pics of your new baby. We all wish you the best of luck with her. You may have to download the tapatalk app for your ipad to make this forum easier to work with photo posting.

OP
M

meganmarie

Sep 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella Grace
I know I cried on the way home. I respect all walks of life and all religions. But when it comes to all animals have a purpose and when they can't do that purpose then kill them.... It pi**** me off. Yes I'm one of those people who talk to their animals like they are kids, they get Christmas presents under the tree like my human kids, and they have a treat jar next to my cookie jar. :p
She is going to our vet tomorrow at 11. I couldn't get her in any sooner. Now if she cut her paw or something serious he would have seen her as soon as I called but this will just be a routine check up and shots visit. They didn't spay her after her csection so I definitely want to ask about that. Makes me nervous since I've read that eb don't do well with anesthesia but I don't want the health risks that come along because she isn't. We'll figure it out.
Can you happen to tell me how to post a photo of her?

- - - Updated - - -

(Oh you can upload pics to photobucket, and copy and paste the IMG link)

ty I'll try that!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Such a pretty girl who has had a rough life up until now. Thank you for rescuing this angel.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to EBN, reading Ella's story makes me cry :cry: It is so hard to believe that there are people out there that are like this and treat their animals this way.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
It warms my heart every time I hear a story about a rescue! You are such a wonderful person for saving Ella Grace! She is such a pretty girl and I am so glad she is now safe and sound! There is a special place in hell for people who treat animals that way & I hope it is very, very hot :evil:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
She is beautiful. Best of luck with her!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
lets see if this works

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Those EARS.... :heart: thank you so much for being such a wonderful caring human being!!! Hugs to you all..... :welcome3: to EBN!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online