New Baby brought home

MugsyBully

Sep 18, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy
We just brought home Mugsy. He was from a litter of 10. He is Old English. What can we do to make his acclimation to our home easier and what tips do any of you have? We are so excited to have him. We also have a Terrier mix, Peanut( female ) and a cat, Bella. So far they all are getting along. We just got Mugsy today, 9-18-14.
Thank you for any help. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411085616.745406.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411085634.613303.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... what a cutie! Love the ears so cute!!

:welcome3: to EBN

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
What a little cutie pie. The main thing is just give plenty of love and I would limit the area he has to roam the house at first until he gets potty trained.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Omg! That face! What a cutie! Welcome !

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Have you decided what kind of food, do you have a vet that knows buIIys, are you crate training, are you Loving him Lots, Congrats they are Like no other breed and you are going to wonder why you haven't had one earlier - patience, tolerance and consistent can not wait to see the pics and hear the tails told as Mugsy grows

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Mugsy is a Precious Baby Bully, He is a Cutie Pie. I Love his Sweet Face.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a cute little guy!! Happy that everyone's getting along. :welcome: to EBN!

OP
MugsyBully

MugsyBully

Sep 18, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy
Thank you everyone. He is such a sweet puppy and we love how he snorts when excited. I'm concerned though and I need quick feedback. My wife noticed blood in his stool today. We aren't certain how he was really fed. The breeder stated she fed them cooked chicken halves and a cheap dry food. We are using purina puppy chow. Is that alright? What about the blood? Could it be because of the diet change? We have a vet, KINSLOW animal clinic, and they are great and have different vets for different size dogs. My wife stays home so crate training hasn't been introduced and I'm not really certain how to go about it.
Any help on the blood in Stool will be of great help.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Purina isnt very good food , take a look at food rating thread ,
With regards to blood in her stool -it could be parasites-i would suggest worming treatments -and worm regularly (most wormers recommend every 3 months)
If poop is lose with blood and jelly like substance it might be colitis
But as shes very young i would suggest taking her to the vet

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone. He is such a sweet puppy and we love how he snorts when excited. I'm concerned though and I need quick feedback. My wife noticed blood in his stool today. We aren't certain how he was really fed. The breeder stated she fed them cooked chicken halves and a cheap dry food. We are using purina puppy chow. Is that alright? What about the blood? Could it be because of the diet change? We have a vet, KINSLOW animal clinic, and they are great and have different vets for different size dogs. My wife stays home so crate training hasn't been introduced and I'm not really certain how to go about it.
Any help on the blood in Stool will be of great help.

Could be the diet change or stress, but also could be a parasite ...take a stool,sample to the vet for testing. Purina, is Nora good food.

Check out the food ratings and see which you want to go with http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

many of us feed grain free and you might also want to avoid chicken as a lot of bullies has sensitivity to it

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=12844]MugsyBully[/MENTION]...Welcome to EBN...All he needs is a lot of TLC...and take lots of pictures cause they definitely don't stay that small for long♡

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.