Guys some advice pls

Annemarie

Sep 15, 2014
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
In one yet
Ok on Saturday we are travelling 178 miles to see a litter of pups the family had five but has two left luckily he's still got the one I wanted anyway they r five weeks old and he's asking 600 pound deposit he says they kc reg will come with 4 week insurance first vacs and puppy pack, I guess I am slightly worried I maybe bring duped and I pay this deposit to return 4 weeks for no pup, what should I come away with when I leave pup obviously a recipt but anything else also what shud I look out for whilst there we r meeting mum of pups too ,
also if they were reg wud they show up on kc reg if litters of puppy's available and how do I know documents legal , I guess I am just nervous , but unfortunately couldn't find a breeders locally that I like
thanks in advance

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well the best thing to do is go with your gut feeling. If something just doesn't feel right or look right, it probably isn't. Look around, the place should be clean and smell clean. Pups clean and mom and other bullies look healthy and have a good disposition. If they keep them outside it's usually a bad sign. Some big breeders will have a separate building for their bullies, and that's OK, as long as it has A/C and heat, and is clean. Most will take a deposit and only give a receipt and that is normal. The breeders that don't let you come to their house and inspect the place and see their breeding stock, I would stay away from. I hope this helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
David gave you great info! I also tagged a few UK members... You can PM them the names of the breeder to see if they know of them - long shot, but never know. ;)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] knows a lot of breeders in the UK.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Ok on Saturday we are travelling 178 miles to see a litter of pups the family had five but has two left luckily he's still got the one I wanted anyway they r five weeks old and he's asking 600 pound deposit he says they kc reg will come with 4 week insurance first vacs and puppy pack, I guess I am slightly worried I maybe bring duped and I pay this deposit to return 4 weeks for no pup, what should I come away with when I leave pup obviously a recipt but anything else also what shud I look out for whilst there we r meeting mum of pups too ,
also if they were reg wud they show up on kc reg if litters of puppy's available and how do I know documents legal , I guess I am just nervous , but unfortunately couldn't find a breeders locally that I like
thanks in advance
[MENTION=12827]Annemarie[/MENTION] where in the UK do you live ? i can find out if any have pups

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I don't know how it works in the UK but I did need to pay a deposit for Ftse when I chose him until he was ready to come home but I felt at ease with the Breeder like David said if you don't it probably is not. Good Luck

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
You pay a deposit. Depending on the breeder is how much.
Roughly £500 is about the morn 1/4 of the price of your dog.

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
thanks in advance

Hi -- check your Pm.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.