New member from Glendale AZ, first time bulldog owner

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for about a month now since my family got our new family member, I found this site searching for answers on recommended food for english bulldogs, His name is Chapo(means shorty in spanish NOT because of the famous drug lord lol)

This is our first bulldog and he currently lives in a home with 3 kids, 2 cats and a German shepherd, I must say we are absolutely in LOVE with Chapo, he's a blast, he has tons of energy for about 20 minutes then ignores everything and lays down to take what seems like his hundredth nap of the day. I don't know what the person we bought him from was feeding him but we started him off with blue wilderness food and after about 2 weeks his coat started to get really shiny and soft, he is starting to develop some tear stains though(should I try another type of food? I want to try fromm)

He was born 06/02/14 so he's roughly 3 months old, already learning how to warn us he needs to go poop outside but still has the occasional accident inside when he needs to pee, my wife actually got a great suprise yesterday when she woke up to him peeing on her LOL

Anyways, here are some pics!! Oh and he is already learning his first trick which is SIT! he can do it consistently unless there is some distraction near by lol

chapo1.jpgchapo2.jpgchapo3.jpgchapo4.jpgchapo5.jpgchapo6.jpgchapo7.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg!! He's so handsome!! Happy you found us. :welcome: to EBN!

Miami927

Jul 21, 2014
Indiana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miami & Maddox
Welcome to EBN! He is so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a cutie pie.... love the name! as for the food... you can switch if you want, but maybe wait a few weeks, too much change in short period could be more trouble in the potty area :D

:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your baby is a doll, way too cute. I wouldn't change food just yet, since he is doing well on it. Tear stains can be from the water, and can be from seasonal allergies. You can wipe the area with some hydrogen peroxide on a towel to help with the stains, just don't get it in the eye.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome from a fellow Arizonian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
Chapo's a beautiful boy! How does he get along with your German Shepherd? Welcome to EBN!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!!!

As far as how they get along, they get along great! The GSD brings out a lot of energy and chapo gets tired quick but they both love hanging out with each other, the GSD is about a year old now so he is big and can sometimes play a little too rough but chapo doesn't seem to mind, he acts like he's just as big lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online