Greetings from Southwestern Ontario!

Lizzie B

Sep 2, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Just wanted to introduce myself... I'm Liz, and am the proud new-ish owner of Hugo.

It been a wild few weeks with the little man, and he's developed the dreaded cherry eye (both eyes, days apart), so his "cute factor" is a little decreased (it looks so ...bleh... lol)

But we adore him... the "taz attacks" on feet can stop anytime though lol

Would love to talk to other owners in Ontario (and all over!). We'll be looking for a vet to do the surgery on his eyes since they've both popped. I've heard good things about the Brookville clinic, and we do have the eye clinic in Kitchener/Cambridge as well...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi Liz, Welcome to you and Hugo, so glad you joined EBN. You will love it on this site, lots of great information, and lots of really great crazy bully parents, who are always willing tomanswernyour questions, give advice, and share their experiences. You can go to the Home Page, and read the many articles for new Bulldog owners. The good thing about the biting is that it's definitely a temporary puppy phase, that they do outgrow. The best thing to do is redirect him when he nips, with a chew toy, or chew bone, and be consistent, some people say Ouch really loud to deter them as well.
My female Blossom developed cherry eye in her left eye when she was 5 months old, we waited until she was 7 months old and had her eye repaired and her spay surgery at the same time. Unfortunately a week after her surgeries, the other eye popped out, and she had to have another surgery a month later. You're lucky that both his eyes popped out at the same time. How old is Hugo?, and Are you planning on having him neutered? If you are it is best to wait and have all the surgeries done together, to avoid having to put him under anesthetic twice. It is also cheaper to do both surgeries together, rather than separately. We go to the Heartland Pet Clinic in Mississauga, On. There are 3 lady vets there, and Dr. Susan Simmons is the senior vet and surgeon, she has over 24 years of experience. She has her own technique for cherry eye, that she has a very high success rate with. She tacks or stitches the gland back in, rather than remove the gland. She did an excellent job on Bloosoms eyes, you would never know that she had surgery on her eyes. She had a quick recovery of 1 week, and did not have any complications, infections, or swelling after her surgery. The clinic is located at Britannia and Creditview in Streetsville.

Heartland Pet Hospital
6085 Creditview Rd. #20
Mississauga, ON L5V 2A8
CA

Phone: (905) 501-1514

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

Monica gave you great info..... best of luck with the cherry eye would LOVE to see pictures of your Hugo!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.