Our newest rescue

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Hi everyone, we just rescued another bully last night with a sad story. As so many have. The owner said they changed the food a few weeks ago and now he has a few patches on his back that I think are hot spots but I'm nervous it is something else?? He is losing hair in different sized spots. Our other bully has never had them. uploadfromtaptalk1409488910948.jpg He is going to vet asap. He has something wrong with his eyes, and some very deep unclean wrinkles we are working on, an open wound on his heal, etc. even with all that, he came right in and already acts like he has never been in another home! Loves all the kids and he and our other bully are doing really well! Any thoughts on spots is appreciated. uploadfromtaptalk1409488840428.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
First of all Congratulations on your new addition… and Thank YOU for rescuing this sweet baby!!! So sorry to hear about all of his issues, and especially that open wound… I would definitely have a vet check him out ASAP. As for the bald spots I would have the vet do a scrape, my Wally has demodex mange and he has areas of balding like that. Or it could be the food change, so hard to tell w/these guys… Good Luck and please keep us posted!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for saving this sweet baby! best of luck with the vet visit and please keep us posted. Tracey gave you great info about the potential skin issues.

:welcome3: to EBN

What are you bullies names?

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Thank you! Trigger and Winston. We are getting Winston on grain free food. We have been working on cleaning his ears. I don't think they have ever been done. :( nails are awful, looks like a couple interdigital cysts. He is a 6 yr old they were using as a stud. His wrinkles are so yucky, one is bleeding. He is pretty over weight but my goodness he gives great kisses! ;) our other bully, Trigger has accepted him completely. I will update once he sees vet. Thanks for support and info! ! :)

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Thank you! Trigger and Winston. We are getting Winston on grain free food. We have been working on cleaning his ears. I don't think they have ever been done. :( nails are awful, looks like a couple interdigital cysts. He is a 6 yr old they were using as a stud. His wrinkles are so yucky, one is bleeding. He is pretty over weight but my goodness he gives great kisses! ;) our other bully, Trigger has accepted him completely. I will update once he sees vet. Thanks for support and info! ! :)

Oh my goodness!!! The care you are putting into this handsome guy makes me smile. Its heart breaking to think of the life he lived but...how amazing that ALL OF THAT is now in the past. You're awesome!!!!

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Thank you! Well, Winston is a bit of a mess but manageable. He has a raging full system yeast infection. It is in his eyes, mouth, wrinkles, ears, paws, tail, skin. ... more testing to be done after two weeks of his many meds, treatments and baths! He has some vision issues, and needs more care/surgery after the yeast gets fought. We see the vet again in two weeks to check progress and plan his future needs. He is on grain free food, and filtered water, and lots of love. Will keep you posted. Here are some pics of the big boy Winston and Trigger our other bully. And Winston ' s meds of course! ! ;) uploadfromtaptalk1409704821669.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409704841768.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1409704586252.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online