New member with 6 week old

TNSxBully

Jul 1, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
Hey all. Been browsing and lurking for a little while now. Our little girl was born with some of her intestines on the outside. Dr. put them back in and gave her slim odds. She's made it and surprised the vet. She has a small hernia left over. Her name is Rousey after our favorite female UFC champion "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey and she fought to survive. We got Rousey her shots and started working on house breaking and she seems to be catching on really well so far. We started her on Diamond puppy food. Anyone build ramps for their bullies to get in their trucks? I have a design in mind but would like to see some other ideas. Thanks for this awesome wealth of information.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome2: Sounds like Rousey has had a hard start to life so happy to hear all is working out with her health, She is a little sweetie.

Hope you find all the information here that you are looking for.

OP
TNSxBully

TNSxBully

Jul 1, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
Yeah she did have it rough but she is doing great. rousey.jpg Here is my avatar pic of her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is precious, and a brave little soldier! So happy for you that she was a little fighter! There are lots of doggie ramps for sale on the internet, but most all are made for the back of an SUV.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, wow she's a young one, and very cute. I'm sorry she had such a rough start, but she's a fighter and I'm glad she's doing well and getting strong. I don't have any experience with ramps or trucks, but hopefully a member who does will come along soon and give you some advice. The first thing I would do is go to the home page and look under Food and Nutrition, there is a Forum on Dog Food Ratings, which lists all the dog food brands from a 6 Star to 1 Star. Diamond dog food is rated at a 2 and a 3, so is not the best choice of food. You want to choose a 4 Star or better for good Quality and Nutrition. Diamond has also had recalls in the past. We feed our guys Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, many members on here use the Fromm's Brand. Other examples of a 6 Star food is Wellness, Orijen, Blue Buffalo, Arcana, Go Natural, and all Fromm's. I would also give her 1Tbsp of plain yogurt everyday for the Probiotics and digestion, and to boost her immune system, also apple cider vinegar has many health benefits, and we add 1 Tbsp to their drinking water everyday.

OP
TNSxBully

TNSxBully

Jul 1, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
Thank you all. We just got the diamond because we heard that Taste of the wild was hard on their livers. What are some warning signs to look for with allergies?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a cutie, and glad she is doing well. I have never used ramps, we just pic ours up, so I will be looking forward in seeing what you come up with for your ramp. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my dogs have allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We did 4 food changes before we found one that they both tolerated. Signs of allergies are loose or soft serve poops, pink skin, warm pink ears, chin acne or rash, itching of skin, shedding of hair, excessive licking of paws, pink paws, goopy eyes, and tear stains. Allergies can come from food, but also environmental factors as well. Finding a good quality food with a good protein source, and no grains is a good start to avoid allergies, but you can also help with allergy symptoms by adding supplements that boost the immunity.

Benefits of Apple cider vinegar
Current Article

By Singing The Praises Of Apple Cider Vinegar on Jul 6, 2008 in Dr.Jeannie, Dog Health - Immune System, Dog Breeders Corner, Dog Heart Health, Dog Nutrition, Doggone Home & Garden Stuff

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider is known around the world as Mother Nature’s miracle medicine, a powerful weapon in the war against aging and disease that is more effective than many high-priced prescription drugs. When God created this fruit He designed it be a food and a medicine!
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is golden liquid concentrated with the healthy goodness of apples. It contains more than 30 important nutrients, 12 minerals, over 6 vitamins, essential acids and several enzymes. Moreover, it has a large dose of pectin for a healthy heart, and thus, healthy as a whole.
Many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and substances are available in ACV to improve the health of your dog. ACV can provide them with enzymes and important minerals, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, chlorine,
phosphorus, iron, silicon and other trace minerals. The vitamins contained in ACV are bioflavonoids (vitamin P), beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A), vitamin C, E, B1, B2, and B6. Tannins from the crushed cell walls of fresh apples as well as malic acid, tartaric acid, propionic acid, acetic acid and pectin (fiber) are also contained in ACV.
ACV is cheap, easy to use and it really benefits our health in numerous ways. ACV can benefit both people and their pets. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal and gives the immune system a good boost. As a high potassium electrolyte balancer, it remineralizes the body and helps normalizethe blood’s alkaline acid balance.ACV is the natural king of skin remedies. It is wonderful for itching and scratching pets as well as a superb skin and hair conditioner. Good old apple cider vinegar either straight or diluted 50/50 with water can be applied directly to the affected area and allowed to dry. It will kill bacteria on hot spots, eliminate dandruff, rejuvenate hair, skin and help sweeten and balance the pH levels in the body. When giving your dpg a bath, shampoo, rinse, then apply ACV either straight or diluted, followed by rinsing with water. Notice, any residue shampoo will be washed out and you will feel and see an increased softness and sheen to the coat.
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. Put a tablespoon of ACV in your dog’s drinking water every day and you will no longer have those brown spots in your lawn from the dog’s urine.

This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Cider vinegar has been found to ..neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods. While dogs and cats do not have to worry too much about the bacteria in raw meat, if YOU are in doubt, you can pour a little Apple Cider Vinegar over thier raw meal.
Cider vinegar can also be beneficial for symptoms such as tooth decay and splitting of your dog’s toenails, which can be symptoms of potassium deficiency. Potassium is essential for the replacement of worn-out tissues within the body. This mineral is also important to soft tissue repair, as calcium is to the bones and teeth which makes it a wonderful supplement for senior dogs.
Tests have proven that when potassium, in the form of cider vinegar is fed to livestock their appearance improves and their stamina increases.
Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a supplement added to your pet’s daily water supply (or poured over the food) or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat allergies, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, kidney stones, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, and stiff joints.
The supplementation of ACV has been known to naturally remove red tear stains from the inside out. It is also used by many to prevent fleas when used in a rinse for the dog’s coat.
Recently, Dr. Louis Ducarre of Geneva, Switzerland, author of the fairly new book,Natural Cures, Natural Life states that when mixed with honey, apple cider becomes potent enough to cure cancer, heart disease and other deadly ailments .
Natural apple cider vinegar is found in health food stores. It should be a rich amber color with the “mother” quite visible as sentiment on the bottom. The strength of vinegar is important. All varieties of vinegar contain about 4 to 7 percent acetic acid, with 5 percent being the most common amount. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its tart and sour taste.
There is nothing beneficial about commercial distilled vinegars except for pickling, cleaning and disinfection —they have no health value!
Bragg, Paul and Linda, N.D., Ph.D., “Apple Cider Vinegar, Miracle Health System”, Published Health Science, Santa Barbara, California
Jarvis, D.C, M.D., D.C. “Folk Medicine”, and“Arthritis and Folk Medicine”, Published Fawcett Publications, Inc., Greenwich, Connecticut
Puotinen, C.J., “The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care” Published Keats Publishing, Inc., New Canaan, Connecticut

OP
TNSxBully

TNSxBully

Jul 1, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rousey
She is a cutie, and glad she is doing well. I have never used ramps, we just pic ours up, so I will be looking forward in seeing what you come up with for your ramp. :)
That was what I would do but for my wife if she wanted to take her somewhere as she gets older and heavier, my wifes back just won't handle picking her up sadly. So i got to try to figure out a way to make it easy and light enough for her to easily maneuver.10389713_10152604612324940_3404492367479866625_n.jpg Just a quick sketch of what I had in mind.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

Rousy is a beauty and a fighter for sure, very fitting name. Good luck with the ramp, if you search the net, you can get some good ideas as there are many on the market that might be similar to what you are looking to build.

Best of luck with the ramp and your new little girl

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Rousey is adorable, and what a little survivor!!! We are so glad that you joined EBN, and I can't wait to see your ramp. My MIL actually bought one for our pregnant bulldog a couple of years ago, I have NO idea where she found it… Lol

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN! Rousey is adorable and such a tough girl.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12281]TNSxBully[/MENTION] It looks like your truck is an extra cab. That is what I have. You plan for the ramp looks like most of the ones you buy-but it may have to be more narrow.
My sister bought a ramp for her dogs to get in the back seat of her SUV-but it was too wide, as her door didn't open all the way. (she has too much stuff in the back)-most all ramps are made for back hatch of SUV. I am really interested in what you are going to use to make the ramp out of-so it won't be too heavy. The ones you buy are made of aluminum, and fold. You wife will have to put the ramp in the back of the truck-so it can't be too heavy. I can't lift my dogs either because of my back...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online