New member-- with a mini bully?

MissAna

Aug 9, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin
Hi all! New here. And a new english bulldog owner. I got Pumpkin as a gift last year in November. At the time she was about 14 weeks old and weighed 15 lbs. Now at nearly one year old, she weighs about 35lbs. She has two chihuahua siblings (rescues) that are one year old. So we have had 3 pups in the home, full of energy, and lots of destroyed belongings. Pumpkin the bully is very full of energy and loves to play with other dogs, people, by herself. She loves fetch, chasing her fur siblings, and just being a crazy hyper girl. All that being said, she is very fit, active, and lean. She looks healthy and happy. However, I am concerned she is on the tiny side -- is 35lbs avg weight for a true English Bulldog? Was she the runt? Or did my friend get ripped off? She is an amazing girl, very smarty, wonderful with other animals and humans. I love her dearly! The vet said she is fine and not to worry. But I feel like she should be a bit bigger. I have read bullies are not adults until 18 months. So will she grow more? Regardless, again, I love my little stinker. But just want to make sure she is at a good size /weight and we didnt deprive her nutritionally which would have affected her growth. Any advice , comments, ideas are much appreciated. Thank you :)

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Welcome, Pumpkin sounds like an amazing dog, love to see some pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey do come in all shapes and sizes!!!!!!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.... Bullies all grown differently, yes, there are standards, but they are all unquiet in some way. However, you might want to check out Baby O. #Orion She is 35lbs of pure bully attitude, but her Momma still loves her to pieces.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She still has some filling out to do more than likely, so she may be closer to 40 when she's a full grown adult. I don't consider them adults until they are two. We need pics of this girl she sounds like so much fun!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. As stated above bullies come in all shapes and sizes and continue to grow for several years. My ba y is just over a year old and only weighs 38lbs and looks fantastic. She is just a petite bully.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum :-) agreed bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes -in general they are medium sized dogs-but some are smaller some larger -cant wait for pictures xx

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would love it if my Bullies were 35 lbs! Then at least I could pick them up! My 1/2 's are 40 lbs. and AKC's are 65 lbs.-a lot bigger than their parents-I must have given too many vitamins!!!!:w00t: As [MENTION=9179]Bazza[/MENTION] said-they come in all shapes and sizes. If you are not going to show it doesn't matter-you love them and don't care how big or small, as long as they are healthy and happy!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi and:welcome: I'm sure everything is fine with your girl:) Some are just smaller and some are HUGE:tongue:. What she lacks in size she will most likely make up for in attitude, good luck with that;) Would love to see some pictures:w00t:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would LOVE to see pics of your baby...

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I cant wait to see pictures!! My Bertha Bacon has been 48 pounds for the last year (she is almost 2 1/2) and built like a tank. She seems to be more heat sensitive than Arnold and has to sleep downstairs during the summer. 35 pounds is a great weight if she is healthy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As others have said, she will continue to grow for another year, and should top out about 40 pounds or so that's not too bad for a female.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, like everyone has already said, bullies come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe one or both of her parents were smaller as well. I have two EB's siblings, who are 2 and 1/2 years old, and they both weigh 45 lbs. they are also on the smaller size, but they are still strong and healthy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.