Hello all, new Bulldog owner here

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
I'm so excited to have found your site. My husband and I just brought home our little prince on Thursday. :) Sir BoldDeGuard and all I can say is WOW, he is one serious little dude. All personality and spunk, we're not sure if he's showing signs of being an alpha male or it's just the Bully way, but he is TOUGH! If something startles him, he doesn't shrink, he charges full steam ahead barking and growling. It's hilarious to watch him go at it, he turned 9 weeks on Saturday, and acts like a big boy lol. We also have a 16 month female Labrador who has decided that he is her baby. We're having a hell of a time keeping him from nursing on her and she is happy to have him doing it. Though I don't know why she would allow him with his shark teeth. Whats really umm weird is he will hump her and nurse at the same time....Yeah, figure that one out. (Alpha behavior? 9 weeks?)

Any how, I'm so happy to be here
Nina and Sir Bolder

yvusyduv.jpg
enu8ynun.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4: to EBN! Sounds like you have a little "tough guy!" Boys will be boys! They want it all...ha!ha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN .... got yourself a firecracker!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
What a cutie!! Sounds like a he has a case of what my husband calls "Bully Bad ***" Syndrome ;) My George suffers from it too. haha

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like a little cutie, and yes bullies are head strong for sure. The humping thing is a natural thing, but he doesn't understand it yet, but he will. Just tell him NO when you catch him doing it and make him stop, even if you have to get up and touch him to stop. He will figure out it is not accepted. The nursing thing, he will want to do for a month or so, but just keep telling him NO and redirect with a toy. Good luck with your baby and enjoy the puppy time.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
You ARE in for some of the best love you have ever experienced. Husband jokes I love George more than him! Our G does the bowing up and pouncing on the vacuum and you are right it is hilarious to watch. EB's are tough little boogers, for sure!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome to EBN :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.