My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I just want to tell everyone that I thought LOL meant Loads of Love or Lots of Love, I have replied to a lot of threads telling people this, I did not know it meant Laughing Out Loud, Again I am So Sorry Members, Please forgive me. From now on I will type Loads of Love, or Lots of Love. Thank You, Hope Everyone Understands. Susan

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Susan, I totally understand where you're coming from. All this text language is so hard to understand. No one writes out words anymore. I was actually shocked this year with my Grandsons school work, and I found out that the schools are no longer teaching Cursive Writing, only printing. This is because everything is done on the computer now. I think this is crazy, this generation will not know how to cursive write or write a letter. Good grief, how will they write their signature? They are also not teaching Phonics for reading, they are being taught how to read by memory. I learned to read and spell by Phonics, and because if that I can spell anything. Again it's because the computer has spell check, how are these kids ever going to learn how to read and spell? Don't even get me started on how they are teaching math.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Susan, don't even worry about it, I'm always asking people what they mean when I see them posted so that's how I know. The new one I just learned last week is YOLO.... But I have teenagers that I can ask too as they are constantly saying it out loud like its a word in our vocabulary!! YOLO means "you only live once". I swear these kids make them up as they go!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you are too sweet.... thank you for being with us Susan.... love all your support !!

:angelheart:

Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
I think thats a very easy conclusion to come to. I have seen your posts before and I knew what you meant when you said LOL it just had to be taken in context with the entire post .. my Husband always thought that is what it meant too, so your not the only one. dont feel bad the feeling that you wished to convey came thru in your post

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I just want to tell everyone that I thought LOL meant Loads of Love or Lots of Love, I have replied to a lot of threads telling people this, I did not know it meant Laughing Out Loud, Again I am So Sorry Members, Please forgive me. From now on I will type Loads of Love, or Lots of Love. Thank You, Hope Everyone Understands. Susan
Not to worry! I dated Fred Flintstone and walked Dino! I certainly could not criticize you for that!!! No problem! I thought it meant Lean On Lynn :whistle::laugh:

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Susan , lots of people think it means lots of love,,, a little story..I was adding it (LOL)to a note to my Boss.
One day he asked me what it meant? when I told him ..he laughed and said his daughter uses it too when texting ,
and he thought it was " lots of love" .. I turned red ..and we both lol 'd.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
oh so that's explains why you wrote lol when I posted my grandma died last week?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've seen you post this but totally understood you meant "lots of love" as it fitted better:) I'm pretty sure you're not the only one making this innocent mistake, I've seen it before:assurred: It's a mission nowadays... I always struggle with the new "stuff", not being English speaking makes it even harder, google is my best friend;)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Back when Myspace just started.....there was a group for bulldogs called the "Dawg Pound" Real time chat room.....and there were several people always using brb. No clue. I finally asked a lady...what does brb mean. She said "oh, I had to use the bathroom". So then I tried to figure out how using the bathroom and brb were connected. Finally someone enlightened me that it was short for Be right Back.

Another was the texting of <3. I had to ask my niece what it meant. She told me it was a heart. There are so many out there and they just keep getting more complicated as the years go on.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have to ask my adult children all the time what things mean, took me forever for smh (shaking my head) I had to ask my son two years ago what a "tramp stamp" was!! ohhh and if you don't know it is a tattoo on a girls lower back, My son really got a kick of that question!! LOL

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Susan no worries I used to think the same, and there are so many others I just don't know what they mean

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Susan, this thread just cracks me up!!! I have NO idea what half of this stuff means, I guess that's why I use smileys so often… they are easier to understand!!! :w00t:

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Don't be sorry Susan, it's my generation that is coming up with all this stuff and I still find myself asking more than half the time what stuff means. No worries girl.Now that I know what you meant I got a good laugh out of it and I needed it, so thx. I like your version more anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9802]My Otis[/MENTION] LOL that is funny !!!!!! Very cute, LOL is the only one I do know the rest I havent got a clue, I have had to google them at times to understand what some of the message mean. I still don't know half of them, so you are not alone.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online