Adoption Timeline

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Is there a standard timeline when you are adopting? I completed my application yesterday spoke with a contact. I should have asked her, but didn't think about it.

AllisoH

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
I think it depends on the rescue. My friend filled out an application on a dog an was rejected over email without speaking to anyone. I put in an application, spoke to the foster and she told me to call beck in a week after the dog had another vet appointment, so I have no idea if I am even being considered. You should expect a good rescue to do a house check and at least call the vets you provided to make sure you take care of your animals. I don't think it would hurt to email and ask though. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Depends on the rescues, the dog's situation and I would assume the number of volunteers available to address the apps

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Is there a standard timeline when you are adopting? I completed my application yesterday spoke with a contact. I should have asked her, but didn't think about it.

AllisoH

:welcome3: Allison, it took about a month for the rescue to get back to us when we adopted Mabel. I was very frustrated, but think the month was good for us to figure out that we really wanted the dog. The story is a long one, but trust me, the wait is well worth the pay off! :dog1:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.