Hello!!

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
My name is Amanda and I am the proud new mom of a now two month old english bulldog pup named, Frank the Tank, AKA: Frankie Boy! I am new to all of this and this is my first bulldog. I have wanted one for soo long but had to SAVE UP... :w00t: I am feeding him Royal Canine because it has specific formulas based on breed. I am wondering what you all know of and think about that type of food. I just want the best for my Frankie Boy, I've waited so long for him that I want to make sure I do everything right!! I am interested in any advice or tips on EVERYTHING & ANYTHING you "bulldog pros" may want to share!! :smoochwink: july 9 2014 880.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Amanda and Frank the Tank. Welcome to EBN and as you peruse the forum, you will find a wealth of information. Frank is pretty handsome bully. :yes:

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much! I am finding my way around pretty well and am looking forward to learning more!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. On the home page you will find links to many wonderful articles that will help guide you along. As for the food... RC isn't all thay great but if your pup is doing well on it I wouldn't change it right away but there are a lot better foods out there. The general rule of thumb is you want to feed the highest quality food that your pup does well on that will not break your budget. Please keep in mind that while higher quality foods are more expensive you will feed less so it will last longer and end up saving you money in the long run.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Amanda and Frank the Tank, SO HAPPY to have u here on EBN!

Todd's got u covered with his advice on the food. Do check out that article we have on the foods and their ratings.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi! Welcome to EBN!! I have two bullies, Brutus and also a Frankie!! The advice you got on the food is right on. If you go to the home page, there is a whole food and nutrition section. Grain free is best. Frankie eats Blue grain free, limited protein Turkey, and Brutus is on Royal Canin HP, which is a prescription food I get from the vet. Brutus has major food allergy issues and he does well on this. This is the best site for support and information.

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the advice, I got that food based on the breeders recommendation. I will continue my research!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!!!

Rc really is not a good food , as others gave stated... Read through the articles and research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

macksmom210

Jun 26, 2014
Welcome Amanda and Frankie Boy!! He's so cute!! My baby Mack will be 5 months old tomorrow and he's almost 40lbs already... I almost forget how little he was at two months! He's also been on Royal Canin since I got him from the breeder and he's thriving... But I have heard mixed reviews about the brand so now I'm a little worried... Any suggestions on what you other bully parents have are greatly appreciated.

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Welcome Amanda
Frankie Boy is too cute. I have my first English bulldog as well.hes a year now. I've had issues with my little guy, but im happy to say that i finally found food for him that dose not give him hives. Crazy thing is that the food I finally got him on.Its the same food the breeder recommend.
ute9ymaz.jpg

I also give him chicken and rice.
Probiotics and enzymes are good to put in food too. Congrats on Frankie boy. This is the best place to go if u have any questions everyone is so helpful.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome! As Todd told you, if the food works for you, than no hurry to change it. But if you start noticing increased hair loss, tear stains, etc, then you should contemplate changing. Arnold was on Purina One when I got him from the breeder so that might give you an idea of suggested food from breeders. But again, if not broke, dont fix it. At one point , I also changed to costco brand of grain free at a breeder's suggestion and they had all those recalls. We are happy on FRomm so far

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome!!!! You are going to love it here!!!!

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Hi Amanda! Hehe welcome my name is Amanda also! When we first got Gordo we put him on royal canine right away. But we realized (and also the help of all these helpful people from EBN) it wasn't that great. We then changed him to a grain free food (I forgot the name) but wasn't really happy with it. Just a few days ago we switched him to Fromms because of such great reviews.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Everyone gave great advice already...just a helpful hint that worked with Goob and potty training.

I would take him outside to potty every 15 to 30 minutes. I would leash him up and take him to one area of the yard. He only had a couple accidents in the house as a puppy and now, he only goes to a specific area of the yard to do his business. That way, I didnt have to watch my step all around the back just his area.

We also crate trained him. Whenever we went out, we put him in his crate with a puppy pad, blankets, a licks-it bottle, and toys and covered the front with a sheet. He loved his crate and only went pee on the pad. He sleeps in the bed with us now but he used to sleep in his crate. He loved it. It was his little house. I worked part time so he was only in the crate 4 hours MAX and it was a large crate my husband built.

I never had to worry if he was going to get into something he shouldn't around the house which gave me a peace of mind when I left. When I got home we were inseparable until bedtime. Spend as much time possible with your little guy. I can't believe how much attention Goob needs (and i am happy to give it ALL to him). We had a lab before Goob and the lab was content doing his own thing. That doesn't seem to be the same for bulldogs.

Congrats!!! You're life just got instantly more exciting and fun with your new BFF.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.