New Member!

Sam crane

Jul 3, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Boycie
Hi my name is Sam and my bulldogs name is Boycie, he is 8 months old and weighs 30kgs! I am feeding him duck & potatoe grain free biscuits, 120g 3x day, I walk him 2/3 times a day, is this ok? This is my first bulldog and I want to do everything right! The vet said he is not worried, but I am worried that I am feeding him too much, he also has 4/5 winalot treats per day and his kong which has a few biscuits and some dogs liver paste 2x weekly, I would welcome any advise please.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN… Sam & Boycie!!! I live in the States, so I'm not sure about the british food, I will tag some members that can advice. Your baby is gorgeous, we would LOVE to see more pics. I would watch walking him several times a day, bullies are heat-sensitive so you don't want your baby to overheat. Not sure about how warm it gets over there, but right now in the States it's brutal.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Welcome to EBN! Boycie is adorable! I think the amount you are feeding sounds about right for your activity level and for a growing boy! I think it can vary depending on body type and activity, so you will know Boycie best and will be able to tell if he is gaining too much weight. It is good to keep an eye on their waist and make sure it is well defined.

And as was mentioned, it is good to limit activity on warm days so that they don't overheat. It happens very easy with these guys!

Again, welcome! Feel free to ask any question - we have tons of members that are very helpful and we all love talking bulldogs!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi Sam -welcome from South Wales xx
may i ask what brand of food are you feeding?
Also most importantly take a picture from the top , so we can see his waistline
You should be able to feel the ribs but not see them , with a nice tuck
Here is a good chart to give you a rough idea -bulldogs are build differently but the same rule applies
Edit : i always mention that the amount you feed depends on the individual dog itself and his/hers activity level -this is why i try to monitor my girls condition
Ps i cant wait to see pic of your bully ;-)

x
hy7e9y3a.jpg

OP
Sam crane

Sam crane

Jul 3, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Boycie
Thanks for the lovely welcome, the brand of food is the vets own called pet perfection, it came highly recommended. I will post a picture of Boycie standing up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 134

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site. I always try to feed pups plenty of food, but not enough to make them overweight. [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] has given you some great info and the chart, I hope it helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN, look forward to pictures of your bully boy

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to the site and your boy is beautiful!!!!! All of us want the very best for our babies, you will find is site is an outstanding resource !

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
sign0016.gif
TO EBN Sam and Boycie. Your Boycie is a Beautiful Bully. Love and Kisses to Boycie.:luv::kisskiss:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome: the fact that you are here at EBN and asking questions shows you truly care Boycie looks happy and healthy and if your vet feels he is doing good with his weight i would cut back on that worry. There are so many worries one must pick and choose carefully. Love and cherish each other

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online