Doubts of Breed Authenticity

Daniel

Jan 8, 2011
We just received Ringo 2 days ago. He was supposed to be an English Bulldog, but his ears (sticking straight up) are causing some concern. To me he looks like a frenchie. His vet says he may be a mix, or he is extremely rare. Another vet passing by thought he was a Frenchie too. I have attached a picture for you all to look at. Please let me know what you think. Is Ringo an English with weird ears, or does he look like a mix. We are very new to the breed and would love some feedback.

OP
D

Daniel

Jan 8, 2011
Sorry, I thought I uploaded it using photo bucket. DSCN1709_edited-1.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwww what a cutie pie! But yes, that looks like a frenchie. He sure is a doll though! Does his papers say he is English?

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
his ears look a little too big for a frenchie pup... but his face does look like an EB.... maye a bulldog with weird ears??
Hes really cute though! :D

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Well Ringo certainly does have Frenchie ears... another indicator would be his size vs his age, and I believe there are test that can be done... did the vet mention anything about that? One thing I can be sure of though, he is 100% cute.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry, I thought I uploaded it using photo bucket

You probably did, but you must copy and paste the code that the uploader provides after upload into your post :)

OP
D

Daniel

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the replies! We have not received the papers yet. We should receive them in 30 days.

OP
D

Daniel

Jan 8, 2011
Ringo is 9 weeks old. The vet says that there are some tests were out there, but the results they received were inconclusive and plain wrong in many cases.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ringo is 9 weeks old. The vet says that there are some tests were out there, but the results they received were inconclusive and plain wrong in many cases.

Yes I have asked about breed testing before. They explained that EVERY test, no matter how 'authentic' your dog is, will show heritage from other breeds. They say it is a waste of a lot of money, because the tests are very costly.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He sure does look like a frenchie ... but I've never seen a frenchie as a puppy before. He is super-cute though.. how can you not love that little face!!! :luv:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@Daniel he has a bulldog face. If you have to "wait" for papers something is definantly fishie. The breeder should have had these ready to give to you.
The English Bulldog Club of America Standard This shows the akc ear standard and different ears a bulldog may have. Your puppy has prick ears. SOme bulldogs have this . It appears that you have a bulldog just not one that meets the akc standard . No worries you jsut can't show him, you can still love him tons , he is awefully cute. His ears give him character.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is adorable :heart: , I love him, my vote would be frenchie though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online