Doubts of Breed Authenticity

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Did you not see him before you purchased him? Where did you get him from?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is the Photo bucket link:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/dan-9746/DSCN1709_edited-1.jpg
Thanks for the tip Desertsky...

The link you provided is a URL, you need the bbcode, or IMG code, that is like this: (starts and ends with
:D

PHP:
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/dan-9746/DSCN1709_edited-1.jpg[/img]

DSCN1709_edited-1.jpg

Dont mind me, I am just the internet junkie :D

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
WOW he is CUTE!!!!!
Just think though no one
will ever break into your house
without him hearing them.

I can't get over how stinkin
cute he is!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I just thought of something in the late 80's my X-husband and I raised and bred American/Canadian Championship Doberman's when we had a litter we of course had to register them AKC, when the pups were old enough to be let go we ALWAYS gave them the papers when a pup was purchased to prove that they were of the bloodline we were advertising and purebreed , then of course they had to fill out their own ownership and mail back in to AKC, you most certainly should have gotten papers with the pup! This disturbs me that you did not get papers with purchase, over the years we sold 4 different litters before having our female spayed, then we let our male be a stud for a couple more years.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
WOW thats a hard one because at first look I said Frenchie too.. But my friends sister used to breed them and I dont remember seeing them have a rope over the nose like that... Its like the poor thing got scared and its ears stayed that way lol.. Or maybe the breeder tried to "glue" the ears and really messed up.. also I would not have left with the pup in hand and no papers to go with it. 30 days is a long time to wait for papers unless you went through a pet store then yes they take forever to get you the papers...

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
He is soooo adorable!! He looks like a Bully with bunny ears. I'm not too familiar with frenchies, but he's absolutely CUTE, whatever he is! And welcome to our group!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow! He is so adorable! That is tough because at first look I would say frenchie but the more I looked he looks like an EB! No matter what absolutely cute!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have a co-worker who has an English-Frenchie mix. He looks just like an English Bulldog and when excited or curious, he ears stand up. Other than that his ears are down.

This pup looks like an English face, head and body and Frenchie ears. I think he maybe mixed. He is absolutely adorable. He will be a wonderful size if he is mixed. The only problem is what you paid for, if you paid for either at full blooded, I am sure he was not cheap.

OP
D

Daniel

Jan 8, 2011
@Dozer: Should be have paid the same amount for a dog with prick ears? Of course, we love him no matter what. We're just so new to this and there are certainly many ways to be had. Ringo says thanks for all of the compliments!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1687]Daniel[/MENTION] , I don't really know how much you paid and i can't really answer that except to say two things If you paid the show quality puppy price no way in heck. just fyi in case you didnt know all eb pups prick ears or not require the same amount of care and should be born c-section so, really i doubt you would have gotten a discount for funny ears. Now if you were told this was a show quality pup and paid more then around two grand ish and you got from a breeder not a pet store you got hosed. My very honest suggestion to you is this (depending on the circumstances you got the dog under because it sounds like you didn't see him first. ) If you like him and can live with the ears just move on any no worries. If you are unhappy or disappointed because this is not what you wanted, and I could understand that, then you need to speak with the people you got him from. However seeing as how some pretty questionable things have went on already with them, I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you. But don't expect they will give you part of your money back or all of it. They wil probalby offer to trade pups if anything at all.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, like everyone else, I find your baby absolutely adorable but it looks to me like he's an English Bulldog with cropped ears. That face is all English Bulldog to me. Either way, I hope you get to the bottom of it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
To me he looks just like a frenchie with those precious little bat ears. But I could see him as a EB and frenchie mix, personally if thats the case I think that would be an adorable mix! Either way, whatever he is one thing is for sure he is adorable!!!! And I love his name!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i'm just parroting everyone else, but he looks like an eb with prick ears or a mix. definitely an eb face though. he is so adorable, if i saw him for sale anywhere, i would buy him in a second! so cute. if he is mixed with frenchie he will be so petite! awesome!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Looking at the "faulty ear" section...I've come to the conclusion that Orion has "fly-away ears". I've always wondered how she got to be so fast. She literally flies across the couch with her stinky bear.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online