Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Doubts of Breed Authenticity

@Daniel , I don't really know how much you paid and i can't really answer that except to say two things If you paid the show quality puppy price no way in heck. just fyi in case you didnt know all eb pups prick ears or not require the same amount of care and should be born c-section so, really i doubt you would have gotten a discount for funny ears. Now if you were told this was a show quality pup and paid more then around two grand ish and you got from a breeder not a pet store you got hosed. My very honest suggestion to you is this (depending on the circumstances you got the dog under because it sounds like you didn't see him first. ) If you like him and can live with the ears just move on any no worries. If you are unhappy or disappointed because this is not what you wanted, and I could understand that, then you need to speak with the people you got him from. However seeing as how some pretty questionable things have went on already with them, I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you. But don't expect they will give you part of your money back or all of it. They wil probalby offer to trade pups if anything at all.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Well, like everyone else, I find your baby absolutely adorable but it looks to me like he's an English Bulldog with cropped ears. That face is all English Bulldog to me. Either way, I hope you get to the bottom of it.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

To me he looks just like a frenchie with those precious little bat ears. But I could see him as a EB and frenchie mix, personally if thats the case I think that would be an adorable mix! Either way, whatever he is one thing is for sure he is adorable!!!! And I love his name!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

i'm just parroting everyone else, but he looks like an eb with prick ears or a mix. definitely an eb face though. he is so adorable, if i saw him for sale anywhere, i would buy him in a second! so cute. if he is mixed with frenchie he will be so petite! awesome!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Looking at the "faulty ear" section...I've come to the conclusion that Orion has "fly-away ears". I've always wondered how she got to be so fast. She literally flies across the couch with her stinky bear.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

LOL @Libra923 Little Bertie can move pretty fast too!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

This is just my opinion... so take it however you want...

I don't know who or where you got your baby from... But I think they are breeding frenchies with english bulldogs... and then they are getting interested people for both mini english bulldogs and regular sized english bulldogs- just to make more money. Being with both frenchies and english bulldogs... ears are big enough to be frenchie ears, but his eyes are more english. I think it's a mix... sorry.

You can still love him and cuddle with him... but please do not breed him. Enjoy your baby to the fullest!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Serious ratings on the cuteness factor there

If I had to guess (and I am no expert) Frenchie.......but look at that sweet face (hug)

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Has there been any update on this? Did you receive the registration papers? Just curious...

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

I would say for sure that this is a French EBD. Very cute, but if you were getting an English BD, then there will be some very strong concerns that you would have. Did you get from a breeder where you live locally or via internet?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

He looks English to me. The face definitly doesn't look like a frenchie, though the ears do. i'd say he's either mixed with a frenchie to make a mini EB, or has prick ears. No matter what he is, I think he is unique and an ADORA-BULL-DOG .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads