New member, new foster Margot.

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
I'm Heidi and I usually foster pit bulls, but got a special foster this time named Margot who came from a puppy mill bust in my state the middle of last month. She has had all her treatments started and it's time for her to be in a real home and let the healing really begin. She had eye surgery and spay last week and yesterday had some teeth pulled and gum work done. She's my first bulldog so we'll be learning all these new things together. The vet is suggesting slow kill HW treatment with all she's been through this past month so It'll be a while before I'm allowed to really let her shine, or she'll be feeling up to it.

spotted belly.jpgfirst time in yard.jpgMargot in yard.jpgride home.jpg

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome::thanks: Margot lucked out to have you foster her, the fact that you are here shows how dedicated you are to them. What a good looking bully Warning Warning Warning you may fall in love with this breed. Thank you for your time effort and care it takes special people to do what you do

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Thank You for being a Foster, You are a Special Lady, these Babies are so Lucky to have you Heidi. Margot is Beautiful.

OP
H

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Thank you both. I absolutely love fostering but it gets harder each time. I was a blubbering idiot dropping off my last 2 on Sunday, even knowing I had Margot to love on when she was going to be released from vets Wednesday. Every single one we bring in, one of us (5 in the family) claims. Margot has been claimed by 3! I'll probably have her for at least 6 months so by that time they may be pulling her from my cold dead hands. I got up this morning and did the whole routine and it is really very bonding. Rope, wrinkle, and pocket cleaning, meds, supplements, eye drops, brush down and getting more food on me than in her mouth. She was happy, tail wagging the whole time. I love watching her personality start sneaking through as she explores things that are totally new to her. Question for y'all..do you have ramps or steps up to your couches? I want to give her independence in her mobility, at least to a certain extent, or do you just pick them up whenever they want off? I really don't want her jumping off the couch either so I'm thinking of having my husband build her some steps.

schimpfy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Steps / ramp is a marvelous idea however being a bully she just may jump off if she is not used to either. Wow six months of bonding then release that would tear me a part, hopefully you get updates or is that worse. Once again Thank you to you and yours for doing this Mrs Karma is Smiling down on you

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's beautiful!!! Welcome to the world of bullies! Thank you for fostering her! So has she been diagnosed as hw positive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Steps / ramp is a marvelous idea however being a bully she just may jump off if she is not used to either. Wow six months of bonding then release that would tear me a part, hopefully you get updates or is that worse. Once again Thank you to you and yours for doing this Mrs Karma is Smiling down on you

I figured that with the ramp also. Hopefully when she gets used to living in a real house she'll learn how to get around and not break her back in the process. EEEK. She already has an adopter waiting to fill out an application, but it is still iffy. She needs her mothers permission, so I'm thinking a bulldog may not be the best idea for her right now, especially one that already has lifetime medical needs. Give me 2 months and things may change drastically. Either I'll be looking forward to her recovery or I won't be able to imagine my life without her. I've only foster failed once in my time fostering, and he turned out to be unadoptable, which made him mine by default. ;)

She's beautiful!!! Welcome to the world of bullies! Thank you for fostering her! So has she been diagnosed as hw positive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. It is a learning experience and I can see how easily it is to bond with just their daily care. I loved doing our morning routine and she was just so happy to let me practice on her. I think every soft touch and voice is Heaven for her right now. Yes, she is HW positive. The vet doesn't feel good at this point doing Immiticide with all she's been through in the past month so is going the route of slow kill. It tortures me to not really let her shine but also she can't have too much activity anyway in the 90 degree plus heat, so hopefully by the time it really cools down she'll be able to really run and play. I got a kick out of her yesterday when I brought her in from potty break and she ran right into the kitchen and then into "her room" like she owned the place. So happy to have rooms to run in and not being stuck in a cage 24/7. You can tell the vets office has been giving her praise for potty outside because right after she potties she doesn't even wait for you to praise, she just runs up to you all excited waiting for it. Actually, she doesn't even wait until she is done. Lol

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Oh my she is soooo precious! Her name is adorable too.

My husband built a ramp for our older bully but she wouldn't use it & the younger one loved running up it but rarely used it to get down. Go figure. They are pretty trained that we will pick them up/put them down but will occasionally jump down if we don't get to them in time.

I love how you referred to the daily routines as a time to bond because that is exactly what it is. I do all of the care giving for my bully's and when they are sick and I have to do things they don't really like they give me a look as if to say I know you are doing this to make me feel better. There's nothing like bully love.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to the site, you'll love it here. The love of bulldogs is like no other, you're an angel for fostering this sweet baby. Is it one of the NC rescues? Either way, you are so good for giving her a chance at a normal life.

OP
H

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Welcome to the site, you'll love it here. The love of bulldogs is like no other, you're an angel for fostering this sweet baby. Is it one of the NC rescues? Either way, you are so good for giving her a chance at a normal life.

She came from the Rutherfordton puppy mill bust along with 56 dogs. :/ She is generously sponsored by Running for Rescues and under the care of a wonderful NY Rescue that I have fostered for for quite some time now. NY doesn't have the bully problem we have here in the Carolinas so there are a hand full of rescues up north that generously transport our dogs every couple months. I have to say (a little guiltily) that fostering Margot is a breath of fresh air after having fostered countless pit bulls that are stronger, not trained, and faster than I am. Lol God, I love them, but they are very exhausting. Margot gives my rotator cuff time to heal up. I thought I would tire easily of all the meds and care she requires, but I found myself really enjoying my time with her this morning. She just sits right between my legs and soaks up the attention then rewards me with adoring stares, grunts and sloppy kisses. I may get too used to this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... she is a beauty!

Thank you for allthe work you do to help these precious babies heal... regardless of breed, you do very important work -- thank you!!

:welcome3: to EBN!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for fostering. Bullies are just awesome and she is just a beauty. I have a feeling she may make you a foster failure, and just adopt her yourself. Bullies have a way of quickly stealing your heart.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Welcome to EBN and thank you for being an amazing foster parent to those who need it! It is definitely a special person who does that! Margot is adorable and looks like such a sweet girl - thank you for giving her a loving home and care she needs!

schimpfy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Oh did i forget to mention that not only are Bullies different but so are there owners we appreciate things more, you would be a great bully Parent. Not that any of us would try to convert you, just saying now would we EBN. Please keep updates coming

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.