New English bulldog owner and new member

daisythepup

Jun 29, 2014
Hello!
Thank you everyone for your posts reading them has given me so much information about the English bulldog breed.
We got our little girl two nights ago, she is 12weeks old and has been great! Friendly, playful, gives lots of kisses and randomly sleepy! Lol except today when my sister was petting her with her face close to hers she snapped out of knowwhere.. With shock We placed her down told her no but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this. If she is testing us or has a temper or if she is still a puppy and I'm freaking out about nothing lol. Feedback apprichiated. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Your pup is in the shark baby phase right now and will nip, bite and try chewing on all sorts of things for the next several months. You will need to redirect her to a suitable toy or other item she can chew on so she learns. You will have to be consistent with your redirects and have a whole lot of patience as it is going to take some time for her to learn what is acceptable to chew on and what isn't but she will get it.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Marine91 is exactly right, you're in the shark phase. It's enough to drive you crazy but with a little patience and some redirection she will get through it.

Welcome to the site, you're going to love it here

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome:so glad you are part of EBN and sorry to say yes you are in shark/piranha mode. My Chance is just over 4months and since he was 10 weeks started and is getting better with his mouth. Still unable to leave him unsupervised with kids, is in puppy classes bites less and not frenzied, more easily redirected. We all get these puppies and they hit shark mode and we are left wondering what is wrong. Nothing it is natural almost all go through this stage and there are some of us whom it takes longer. Good luck remain consistent and love each other it will get you through it.

OP
D

daisythepup

Jun 29, 2014
Thank you everyone sooo much! You put my mind at ease! <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the gang has you covered.... :welcome3: to EBN!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would love to see pics of your new baby!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN!! You have gotten great advice above. Pictures here are a must!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.