New owner and new to the site!

Rabbit16v

Jun 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Hi there everyone, First off I wanted to thank everyone on this site currently. I've been reading up as much as I possibly could for the last two weeks before our new girl arrived in my Wife's and I's lives. The knowledge gained has helped SO MUCH so far it's incredible.

I'd like to introduce everyone to Lilly image (6).jpgphoto.jpg she is 16 weeks old as of today. I've wanted a bulldog for as long as I can remember and even more so after I joined the Marines (cliche I know =P). She is our first dog that I've had that was a puppy when we got her and my wife and I's first dog together. Since she's a puppy she's got a lot of training to get started on and so far it's going extremely well. Lilly is probably to smart for her own good, haha. We already had to figure out a new place to keep our food, she figured out where it was and is determined to get in there! Potty training seems to be a breeze for her, the only thing holder her back is she seems to hate being on a leash! Since we live in the inner city we have a condo so no yard for her to just go in and we have to take her outside, but so far so good no accidents except for when she came home and was so excited she pee'd.

She's a typical girl dog so she has to be next to me wherever I go, and I mean WHEREVER! She decided she needed a shower this morning with me :blush2:. Thankfully the breeder has her kennel trained very well so that is not a problem for her at all. She doesn't seem like a typical bulldog that is part statue, she is very playful and hardly ever sits still.

I'd love any advice for training anyone can give me since this is my first endeavor with a puppy. Training classes start next week so hopefully she does well in those!

Cheers!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to the site!!! You're girl is beautiful and you are going to love it here!!!
Semper Fi, there are a lot of us Marine bulldog owners on here!!?

OP
R

Rabbit16v

Jun 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
I bet there are a lot of Marine bulldog owners haha, I think it's kind of mandatory. Question for anyone who feel like answering, The breeder had her on Wholesomes Sport mix, Fish. I am starting the transition into Fromm food. Is that wise? I haven't heard anything about Wholesomes but I've heard nothing but good things about Fromm, eventually I'm going to transition into a part fromm/pet pantry raw food(pet pantry is a fully organic pet food company out of Seattle with nothing but human quality foods). Is that a good idea to do part raw and part fromm?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi and Welcome to you and Lilly. So glad you joined EBN, and :congrats2: on your new baby. You're going to love it on this site. There's lots of great information, and lots of great people who are always willing to answer your questions, give advice and share their experiences. I hope to see more of you on this site, and lots of pictures as Lilly grows. She is so cute. Enjoy.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Welcome to the site Lilly is so pretty. This site is awesome it's like having your own personal vets around the clock. I love this site I'm hooked. Everyone here is so great too you will find its no judgements just love here. Congrats on your new baby girl.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and you have a beauty there. In training just be consistent and patient, she will learn in time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bet there are a lot of Marine bulldog owners haha, I think it's kind of mandatory. Question for anyone who feel like answering, The breeder had her on Wholesomes Sport mix, Fish. I am starting the transition into Fromm food. Is that wise? I haven't heard anything about Wholesomes but I've heard nothing but good things about Fromm, eventually I'm going to transition into a part fromm/pet pantry raw food(pet pantry is a fully organic pet food company out of Seattle with nothing but human quality foods). Is that a good idea to do part raw and part fromm?

:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs! going half kibble and half raw is fine, just do not mix them at the same meal. Kibble and raw digest differently so it is best to keep them at different meals

Lilly is a beauty... congrats!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.