Perfect Coat - White Pearl Shampoo

Airballs

Jun 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
Hello all, I am brand new to the forums and picking up my 10 week old english bulldog puppy in 4 days! I tried stopping into PetsMart but they happened to close once I arrived so I popped over to Walmart. Really just to browse for puppy things to spoil the baby. I bought a few toys, bed, leash, puppy pads etc (the basic things). Anyways I picked up a bottle of the Perfect Coat White Pearl shampoo and was wondering if anyone has ever experienced with this and if its 'bullie puppy safe'? I know on tuesday the breeder is going to go over a million and 1 things with me and I probably jumped the gun in the middle of my 'must be santa clause' puppy excitement episode but figured I will ask this forum. Thanks ahead of time!

- Joe

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of Bulldogs! Congrats on your new baby and we look forward to seeing pictures!

I never heard of the shampoo you are referring to, but someone may be along that has info.

OP
A

Airballs

Jun 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
Thank you for the fast response! Just want to make sure I get off on the right foot with everything!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
A

Airballs

Jun 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
Aw thank you thank you!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to EBN, so glad you joined. Congratulations on your new baby. You will absolutely love this site, lots of great information and lots of great people to answer your questions, give you advice, and share their experiences and love of bullies. If you go to the Home page, there are lots of articles to read that will help you regarding Bringing home a new puppy, Dog Food Ratings, Bathing, and many more. I am also not familiar with the White Pearl Shampoo, but the best shampoos to use are gentle formulas. Some members just use baby shampoo, which is both gentle on the eyes and on the skin, I use the Petsmart Tearless Puppy Shampoo with Chamomile, I like it because its gentle, and doesn't sting their eyes, and it makes them smell like baby powder. I also use 1 part apple cider vinegar, to 3 parts warm water to rinse them after rinsing the shampoo off. You can also use regular vinegar. It leaves their fur really soft, helps to get rid of the soap residue, and keeps them smelling nice longer between their baths. There is also a really great article on the Home page called The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, there are many health benefits to ACV. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and please share lots of pictures of your new baby.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
sorry no idea about the shampoo you are asking about but i have one tip for you...use no tears baby shampoo for his head to avoid stinging his eyes ;)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Welcome to EBN! Here you will find lots of great information! I have never used the White Pearl type of Shampoo but we have used the Perfect Coat Oatmeal Shampoo and it has been fine for our Frank. I typically don't wash his head much with shampoo though, just to make sure not to get any in his eyes, and just do a rinse.

It is great that you are preparing so well for the arrival of your new baby bulldog! Can't wait to see pictures!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN! Here you will find lots of great information! I have never used the White Pearl type of Shampoo but we have used the Perfect Coat Oatmeal Shampoo and it has been fine for our Frank. I typically don't wash his head much with shampoo though, just to make sure not to get any in his eyes, and just do a rinse.

It is great that you are preparing so well for the arrival of your new baby bulldog! Can't wait to see pictures!

Agree, I wash Cami from the neck back and use warm washcloth on her head,
face & ears as I'm paranoid of getting water down into those ears. A great
rinse to keep him smelling fresh longer (and makes coat soft) is after rinsing
well, pour a plastic pitcher of warm water mixed w/2 cups cheap white vinegar.
Leave in and air dry or lightly towel dry. Vinegar smell will dissipate when dry.

OP
A

Airballs

Jun 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodhi
thank you all for the advice and ill be sure to keep those notes! pick up the little guy tomorrow morning!

mindyclax

Jul 28, 2014
Ha! Interesting about the vinegar rinse. Gonna have to try that. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.