New rescued bullie!

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
Hi everyone! I'm a long time Frenchie owner, but I just recently got my first English. Her name is Allie and she is 7 years old. The people that used to have her kept her chained outside the majority of the last couple years (how she lived through the weather we have here I have no clue), and were threatening to shoot her because they couldn't find anyone to buy her. When she came to me she had a double ear infection and her wrinkles/feet/tail pocket were also infected. She also has "corns" on her feet, which I have never seen before, that made her limp when she was walking.

We are still working on getting all her infections cleared up, so any tips to help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I clean her wrinkles, tail pocket, and feet daily with chlorhexidine pads. I also use gold bond powder on her tail pocket if she seems itchy, and hydrocortisone spray on her feet if she is licking. Her ears are getting cleaned every couple days (they were getting too irritated and painful with daily cleaning). She seems to have some allergies that we are working on too.

50732a75-5c15-40cf-8c89-812dee7d0188_zps0685b6f9.jpg

IMG_0621_zps465b8aa6.jpg

IMG_0619_zps25465b8d.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4: It is wonderful of you to rescue Allie. I'll bet she has never had it so good-sleeping on a real bed! She is a pretty gal, and very lucky to have you-you have given her a good rest of her life!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Welcome and Allie is a beauty. I cant believe the story of them wanting to shoot her. OMG. Wow so glad she found you and she is now in better hands. I hope she has a great recover from all her infections. Very sad how some people want to treat dogs. She looks so happy on your bed, she is just so darn cute. Congrats on your new baby and cant wait to see more pix of her happy and healthy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking her in. She is a beauty and looks so happy now that she has a loving home.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome on the forum xx you have done a fantastic thing adopting an unwanted bully -shes a beauty xx

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
:welcome4: Thank you for rescuing this beautiful girl and giving her a home! Bless you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: thank you for saving her! Sounds like you are doing a great job so far, perhaps you could get some panalog from the vet to help with the ears? She's a beauty and so lucky to have found you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. Thank you for saving her.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
God bless you for rescuing Allie. What a beautiful little lady she is. She looks so comfy on her big bed :) It sure sounds like you have been doing a wonderful job bringing her back to good health.

:welcome:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to the site, you are going to love it here. Thank you for rescuing this sweet girl. She looks so happy laying on the bed. I'm so glad she is finally with you and will know happiness

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: THANK YOU for saving this sweet girl.... look at that happy face! she is going to know love and spoiledness from now on!!! :happydance:

You can give some Benedryl (1mg per pound up to 3x a day)to help with the itching and paw licking.... paw licking is usually a sign of an allergy which cause also be causing the ear issues.

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
That's awesome,im glad she has a good home now

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
Thanks everyone!

I'll talk to my vet about the panalog, and I'll give the benedryl a try. When the vet saw her, he put some stuff in her ears that lasted 2 weeks which cleared up one of her ears totally and left the other one mostly taken care of. I'm hoping being inside all the time and being on good food with help with most of her allergies. I switched her to grain free and I can already tell a huge difference in her coat. I've only had her a month so I'm hoping I'm just being impatient with getting all her maladies cleared up.

She is already spoiled rotten, and the day she figured out that she could play with all the toys laying around just about brought me to tears. It was like something clicked and she just starting running around the house, looking so happy. A couple days after that she figured out that not only could she play with the toys in the house, but she could also use them to play with the other dogs! It just amazes me that she just shows so much appreciation for the attention she gets.

Snuggling with her Frenchie little brother:
IMG_0688_zps9d78ab3c.jpg

Playing in bed:
IMG_0694_zps44777135.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi and welcome to you and Allie. You are so great for rescuing this sweet girl, bless you for giving her a second chance at a loving home that she deserves. I will never understand how people can love a dog, and then suddenly when they're old, or the novelty wears off, they just banish them to the backyard, to lay alone outside, or just abandon them to a shelter, and not caring what happens to them when they walk away. It's so sad and heartless. Why get a dog, if you're not going to treat it as a family member, and love that pet until its time to let him go? They deserve that and so much more. I hope the rest of her life is spent being loved, spoiled, and comfortable. Please share more pictures of her, and your Frenchie too. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys on here.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
You are a Wonderful Person Adopting this Bully, You Have Really Saved Her Life. God Bless You, Allie, and French Bulldog Great Picture of Allie and French Bully. Love to You and Your 2 4 legged kids.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online