bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
She sure is beautiful and your a blessing for rescuing her!!!

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Wow, what a great story!
I'm a new bully owner myself and it is really amazing once they open up and trust you. It's really great that you have taken her from being left alone outside (and almost shot!) to a loving home.

I'll second the benadryl suggestion. My vet also said you could use a zyrtec (instead of multiple benadryls per day). I haven't tried that yet, but it sure seems like you have a good handle on the allergies and other maladies and that they are improving. You may also consider filtered water (depending on the water in your area). It may also take a bit for the grain-free food to really kick in, but if her coat is already better, then that's great.

Welcome and thanks for saving a life!

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Welcome to EBN. It must be so rewarding to see Allie looking quite relaxed on that bed! Thanks for rescuing her!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh my gosh. The happiness and comfort she shows in those pictures... I'm so happy she finally has you to give her that. :heart:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome!! what a lucky girl that you found her and now she is the princess laying on the furniture!! What a happy ending for her!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN. Thank you for rescuing Allie. The love you get from her will be like none other. Bullys are special.

OP
D

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
Thanks everyone :)

I've been giving her zyrtec (found a few threads on here talking about it) and it has been working wonders. She is still licking her paws some, but her eyes are no longer weepy all the time. She's still having issues with yeast and getting yeast blisters in between her toes.

IMG_0733_zpsc2a50477.jpg

Last edited:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Welcome to EBN! Allie looks like a very happy girl! I love the tongue pic!!!!

So glad you were able to rescue her and are helping her get healthy. So horrible to think someone left her outside to live. What a beautiful girl!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
so glad you guys have found each other and she is right where she belongs FAMILY thank you for adopting and sharing look forward to reading more of your posts

Most Reactions