Hey guys im a new bully mommy and I have so many concerns with brix but he is the sweetest baby ever we say hello!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... Brix is one handsome bully boy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome to you and Brix. Sores on the chin are usually a sign of food allergies, a lot of bullies are allergic to chicken, and some have allergies or sensitivities to salmon. My Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We switched her to grain free Fromm's Beef Frittata, and she is doing really well on this food. Which brand of food are you feeding Brix? And how much? We feed our two guys 1 cup of kibble 2 times a day, 1 cup in the morning, and 1 cup in the evening. Another cause of sores or acne on the chin is plastic bowls, it's better to use stainless steel bowls, because they don't hold bacteria, and they should be washed or rinsed after each meal. I rinse out our bowls after their breakfast, and after their dinner I place them in the dishwasher, which I run every night when I go to bed, and then they are clean in the morning. Another way to avoid sores on the chin is to make sure their face is clean and dry after eating. I use a unscented for sensitive skin baby wipe after they eat.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Welcome I too am a new Bully parent and this site is fantastic in helping and sharing however it is also addictive but i am not complaining. Remember there are no stupid questions we are here for each other and our love of bully's and dogs in general. I can see you are getting great advice the food and cleanliness plays a huge role in a bully's life.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11914]mickeybubbafoxy[/MENTION] :EBNwelcome: Brix is a beauty does he have one brown eye and one blue eye?

OP
mickeybubbafoxy

mickeybubbafoxy

May 20, 2014
Oh thanks so much everyone and i feed him blue buffalo healthy weight red meat and we do use stainless steel dishes and I've been cleaning his face after every meal he only gets fed once a day because he is over weight but I give him green beans with his food I also give canned pumpkin once a week and his vitamins also

brix and mickey

OP
mickeybubbafoxy

mickeybubbafoxy

May 20, 2014
And yes [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] he does have one blue and one brown which I think is the cutest

brix and mickey

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh thanks so much everyone and i feed him blue buffalo healthy weight red meat and we do use stainless steel dishes and I've been cleaning his face after every meal he only gets fed once a day because he is over weight but I give him green beans with his food I also give canned pumpkin once a week and his vitamins also

brix and mickey

Is the blue buffalo you're giving him grain free?

OP
mickeybubbafoxy

mickeybubbafoxy

May 20, 2014
Yeah he was the only one of his brothers with one blue eye thanks

brix and mickey

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He may be allergic to beef, have you ever tried a different protein like Fish or Duck?

OP
mickeybubbafoxy

mickeybubbafoxy

May 20, 2014
Well he was eating healthy extension salmon and brown rice but I think he was not doing to good with that food also

brix and mickey

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Have you thought about transitioning him to a different brand of grain free to see if that will help? Riggins chin was really bad until we transitioned him back to Fromm Grain Free and it has 100% cleared up. He had terrible acne and a big scab. All of which would bleed. Now he is clear and handsome as ever 😃 I also added fish oil, coconut oil and pumpkin to his diet once a day. His skin is great and his shedding has improved as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you thought about transitioning him to a different brand of grain free to see if that will help? Riggins chin was really bad until we transitioned him back to Fromm Grain Free and it has 100% cleared up. He had terrible acne and a big scab. All of which would bleed. Now he is clear and handsome as ever  I also added fish oil, coconut oil and pumpkin to his diet once a day. His skin is great and his shedding has improved as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advice!! And to help him out with his weight stop the green beans, use them only as treats.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.