Meet Ruby!

SDRuby8

May 18, 2014
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi, my name is Carrie. I rescued Ruby from our local Humane Society/SPCA the day after Mother's day. She had a pretty rough beginning! The shelter picked her up as a stray, but she does have a C-section scar and nursing teats, so she obviously had a home and vet care at one point. The shelter removed her right eye because it was deemed non-functional secondary to uveitis. Her estimated age was 10 years since her teeth were so worn down, but my vet thought that she is probably between 6-8 years old. She has old lady bumps and lumps, but I think she is the prettiest girl ever! As my first dog, I definitely bite off more than I could chew when it comes to care and maintenance, but she is worth it! I love her and spoil her too! I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge on this breed and picking up pointers too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 193

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: Carrie and :welcome3: to EBN..... THANK YOU so much for giving this pretty girl a new loving home and a life she deserves!!

:hug: to you

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for rescuing her. Older bullies have plenty of love left to give, as you have found out. You came to the right place to learn and get advice about this wonderful breed.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
That is such a great story. She will care and love u to pieces for caring for her so much in a time of need. Congrats on your beautiful girl.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are an angel for doing what you've vdone. Thank you so much for giving that beauty a home. :welcome: to EBN.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Carrie, you really ARE an angel, thank you for rescuing a senior bully.

Ruby is a lucky girl and will give you total adoration. Welcome to EBN!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Carrie, and welcome to EBN. Thank you for rescuing Ruby and giving her a loving home. Congratulations. You will love this site, so much information, and lots of great people to ask advice, and share their advice, stories, and experience. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here and lots of pictures of your new baby. We love pictures. Feel free to check out all the forums and ask questions, somebody is always willing to answer.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Carrie, God Bless You for Rescuing Ruby, Ruby is a Beauty, such a Sweetie. Give your Beauty a Hug and Kiss from Me and Elmo.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Regardless of age that lovely girl still has a lot of love to give to you. Thank you for saving a life.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
What a big heart you have! Thank you for rescuing a beautiful girl❤️❤️you will love this site, so informative and useful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
What a beautiful girl. Warms my heart to see a life saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions