Just got our first bulldog

Kmiecik

Apr 30, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but we just adopted a 1 year old english bulldog named bacon. He was doing well with going outside to the bathroom for the first week, now I've is peeing in the house. He had peed on his dog bed and on the couch. Both times it was after he was sleeping. He did not do his normal "I have to go out" bark. We do have another dog, could his be him marking or trying to get attention? Please help...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he is marking. I don't wait for ours to bark. As soon as they wake up they go outside. Just go back to basic training with him, and he will get it soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. I agree with David. Go back to basics and take him out when he wakes up, after eating and playing whether he has to go or not so he will get the picture.

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I'm having the same problem with the Mastiff we recently rescued. I have no idea how to stop it but if you figure it out, let me know! Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Try taking him out right when he wakes up. Don't wait! Meatball always has to go after a nap/sleep. Meatball also ALWAYS pees on blankets/pillows have no idea why. If there is a blanket on the floor he pees on it, blanket on couch he pees on it! So I have to keep him away from blankets! Very weird Lol!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like he is marking. I don't wait for ours to bark. As soon as they wake up they go outside. Just go back to basic training with him, and he will get it soon.

Great advice, we do this too. :welcome: to EBN!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but we just adopted a 1 year old english bulldog named bacon. He was doing well with going outside to the bathroom for the first week, now I've is peeing in the house. He had peed on his dog bed and on the couch. Both times it was after he was sleeping. He did not do his normal "I have to go out" bark. We do have another dog, could his be him marking or trying to get attention? Please help...
He is definitely marking. We also adopted a 2 1/2 yr old bully and he did the same thing. You could leash him in the house until you are sure he won't mark anymore. Absolutely no couch or dog bed as these are priviledges he cannot have until he stops marking.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN..... definitley is markig.... as others have said, get him on a scheduled and back to basic house training --- we have our two on a chedule and do not wait for a bark, it is the best way for our life style to make sure they do not have accidents in the house.

OP
Kmiecik

Kmiecik

Apr 30, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks for the advice everyone! I guess we will have to just go back to the basics and see how it goes. I will report back with results:w00t:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.