Hello from WV

Tanker

Dec 29, 2010
Parkersburg, WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Tanker or Tank or Tankie..Depends on his expression.
My bulldog named Tanker a.k.a. Tank has owned us since August 2008. I am smitten with him. :luv: so much that I am thinking that it's time for him to get a sister. Any tips about owning two dogs?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! We only have one Princess, so can't give any advice. Are you thinking of getting a puppy or an adult dog?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hello and welcome ... Tanker is a handsome bully!!! I'd ask the same question as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] ... are you thinking of rescuing an older bully or getting a pup from a breeder?

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
We have 2 dogs, not bulldogs. The biggest
bit of advise I can give is go threw obedience
training. That would be one of the first
places I would start. One wild dog can be
a hand full,but two. I can't even imagine it.

OP
Tanker

Tanker

Dec 29, 2010
Parkersburg, WV
Bulldog(s) Names
My daughters and I were sitting on their Girl Scout float in our town's Christmas parade, when another truck and trailer in the parade drove past with a local rescue dog shelter. So I came home and started trying to figure out the phone number from my picture that I took on my phone and guess what I found her. She was turned over by a Hoarder's daughter along with some other dogs. I found an email and started to get my feet wet on gettting another dog by asking the rescue owner some questions. She was pure bred, approximately 5 or 6 yrs old with a c-section scar and she had no idea if she was fixed. When I finally got the hubby to say yes we could go see her. I messaged the lady to set up a time and her reply was " She was adopted last night".

So needless to say the Mister of the house has been in trouble since then. We are leaning towards a pup. I am researching breeders around us within driving distance from WV. I want to see the breeders, parents, etc. I found a breeder that had a 7 month old girl and a 3 yr old girl that was fighting with her sister that they kept out of the same litter. They both are potty trained which is very tempting, but I will miss the adorable puppy stage. Tank was from a Pet Store...(<--I know, I know you don't have to tell me)...however we looked at so many different ones and when we saw him the hunt was over. His health was top notch. His pedigree has CH Dingmans Badger Redman although that doesn't really matter to me and he is fixed.

Don't know if you can see her in the middle of the picture below
Christmas parade 009.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1655]Tanker[/MENTION] Yeah I would have found it difficult to resist that little face too ... but then again I can't resist any bullie face :eek: We got Maggie from a pet store .. and yes, we too, now know about puppy mills and know that pet stores are >.<. However, it was love at first sight when we went in the pet store to buy hamster food!!!

Since learning and seeing rescue bullies, I had set my heart on a rescue, and yet the hubby always wanted his baby boy bullie. Totally unexpected we both got our wishes and found a male english bulldog puppy that had only just been rescued from an amish puppy mill. Daddy was only a few weeks old when we got him. So I can really understand your wish for a baby bullie and realise just how lucky we were in this instance!!!

My advice would be to get a real baby if thats what you really want, and that way you and Tanker can train her to be part of the pack. Just my thoughts ... Daddy is only 5 months old and he is already showing signs of the typical bully-tude and stubborness so I can only guess what a 7 month old is like.

You don't say where you live ... but there are enough people on here from around the country who could probably guide you to a reputable breeder in your area. Also, there are members here who have not found a breeder in their area but have successfully had a puppy shipped out of state!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome! Tanker is a handsome guy. I have two girls, both are 7 months old. So far, so good. It's about like having twins. We also have a 3 year old St. Bernard, but he's so laid-back, he's just sort of a "lump on the floor". I love having two Bullies, they get along great, play together, spend everyday together. But I'm sure your situation will be somewhat different with an adult and a new puppy. But I think two Bullies are wonderful!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hi and welcome!!! Your baby is beautiful, love him! How old is Tank? I would think it easier to get a puppy for him to adjust anyhow. I would love to rescue someday also but finding a rescue puppy is rare and getting a grown dog would most likely be more difficult in the way of Tank and the new one having to figure out who is the alpha etc. BUT it can and is done everyday also so I wouldnt close the door to the idea. I got my boy at 9 months and yes I do miss that we didnt have the puppy stage, being our first dog it was nice having him trained and still a hyper big puppy was the best of both worlds there. I would look into the rescues to see what they do have in the way of young bullies and go from there. If you need to find a good breeder, which I highly recommend, here is the list thru the bca which is where I would start. BCA Breeder Referral Service Hopefully they have one near you and if not I would call around off the list cuz these breeders all are in the show world and know of others also.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the family. Advise about adding another one? Hmmm I don't think you want advise from a mom of 2 spoiled bullies and a spoiled "off-breed" LOL
I love having two, between the two of them, there is never a need to warm my lap with a blanket or turn the TV on to drown out the quiet of the night.
When I got Bella, I was told multiple females may not get along. All three of my dogs are females. They have their moments, but for the most part they aren't any different than Skin-kid sisters. I brought a rescue dog in for a couple days, a male, they did great with him as well.
You can check out our adoption page, there are a lot of bullies out there for adoption if that is what you are looking for. If you want a puppy, research the breeder real well. I couldn't stress that enough.
Again, welcome, this is a great place for bully owners and you will get addicted soon. Just a warning.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Hi and welcome to the site! Tank is adorable and would love to see more pics. We too are planning on getting another bully in the spring. Good luck with your search. :D

OP
Tanker

Tanker

Dec 29, 2010
Parkersburg, WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you have a breeder in mind already? I am beginning the dreaded search. I would love to find out where Tank came from in OK. We got him from a Pet store. We tried researching when we first got him but couldn't narrow it down to far. Thanks for all the complements on Tank! I think that he's perfect. He doesn't have a giant wrinkle on his nose and a cork screw tail which made my hubby happy.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Welcome! 2 bullies (just addedour 2nd 4 weeks ago) and it has it's moments but overall has been fun. Lola (our eldest - 3 yrs) was home by herself at least 5 hours a day so eventually he will give her company. She seems to have adapted to him very well, which was a concern of ours so thankful for that. I am glad we made the decision to add a 2nd. Good luck and again welcome. P.S. Tank is such a handsome boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.