New from Pa

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Hi all :D I'm Melissa from Pa.

We just lost our sweet bully girl Cassie right before Christmas. She had cancer and we couldn't save her this time. She had a mast cell tumor removed about 7 months ago and was pronounced cancer free. I noticed a few weeks before thanksgiving a rash on her chest. In the two days it took to get a vet appointment, it got huge and other bumps started showing up. The results came back as mast cell tumors again and the vet said with as many as there were we couldn't do anything but keep her comfortable. She was a happy, playful girl up until that last day. We were so lucky to have her the 10 1/2 years that we did.

We're on the search for another baby bull to love and this time do it right and research breeders. Cassie was from a pet store and was plagued with ailments all her life. I'm glad to have found this forum so I can educate myself this time around. We made lots of mistakes with our baby girl, but hopefully we'll be more educated this time around.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome Angelgirl, sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you are going to do your research, thank you for joining us. We will be looking forward to meeting your new fur-kid, and we would of course love to see more of Cassie. That must be her in your avatar?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
So sad to hear about losing your baby. Welcome to the site and yes please share pics and stories of you angel baby.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome Angelgirl... so sorry about your loss :*( I know Cassie will always be missed. The new family member though will be blessed with a wonderful home and benefit greatly from the experience and lessons you learned through Cassie. Best of luck in your search... please keep us updated.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome Angelgirl. Cassis was a cutie!

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you desertsky :) Yes, I've emailed with Susan Rodenski of the BCA and gotten some good advice and a shoulder to cry on. That is my baby girl in the avatar. That's how I came up with my forum name..she's my little angel girl now. She always loved laying by the pond and watching the frogs hop around.I have thousands of pictures of her. She was always so photogenic. The middle one is me with her a few days after her last cancer diagnosis.

cassie2.jpg022.jpg036.jpg

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone on the welcome :D I've learned so much just since I joined today!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
So sorry for your loss. Hope you find
your new puppy soon. They help heal
broken hearts.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
she sure was a gorgeous little girl!! sorry for your loss hope you find another one soon

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome! So glad you found us. It's very sad to hear you lost your Cassie. I know a new puppy will help you heal, hope you find a wonderful new baby soon.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What a lovely, elegant lady Ms Cassie was. Im sure she will always be missed. Good luck in your search and please keep us in the loop. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What beautiful pics!!

We got Maggie from a petstore too, not knowing any better, and she has had a lot of illnesses too! It is good you are doing your research and finding a reputable breeder!!!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] so sad about Cassie but sounds like she had a great life with you! I am sure you are still grieving. I just could not imagine losing either of mine and the thought makes me so sad! Sorry for your loss and good luck in your search. I spent alot of time also looking around when we got Brodie. Unfortunately, there are not many breeders in my area so we had to look in other states and finally found a breeder we felt very comfortable with who gave great references and we have become good friends and email each other often. She also has beautiful puppies and has 1 girl left (born on 10/26) and i begged my hubby to let me have a 3rd and now is just not a good time, boo hoo. I just thought she was beautiful! Okay, off subject...again...good luck and cannot wait to hear you found your bullie...oh and then see pics. By the way, Cassie is/was beautiful!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.