greetings from Portland, Oregon

Eli Tapio

Apr 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beatrix Kiddo
I am a new Bulldog owner my puppy's name is Beatrix she is 10 weeks old she is the runt in a litter of two. She is extremely healthy the breeder did great job. But i do have a concern, she has recently developed what seems like congestion almost like she has a cold and needs to blow her nose. We live in oregon and its been pretty cold and raining off and on. She doesnt go out when its bad weather except 2 go potty. Is it normal for bullies to get colds? Activity And Appetite is normal.
Thank you, Concerned parent.
Eli Tapio

Attachments

• CAM00251.jpg
    CAM00251.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 97

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and. :welcome3: to EBN...... Beatrix is a beauty, so so cute!!

with a puppy this young a simple cold can quickly turn into pneumonia so you may want to have her checked by the vet.

i am going to tag a few users that have more experience.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Beatrix is an adorable baby… :luv: I've had a litter of pups, and I agree w/@2BullyMama you need to take her in to the vet. It could be a cold, allergies, or the start of something serious… You also need to take special care NOT to expose her to other dogs until all of her vaccinations are completed. This includes pet stores, dog parks, etc… They can catch viruses and diseases from other dogs very quickly… Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and she is just a doll. If she is pretty congested, then I would let the vet check her out, since she is so young.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: to EBN! Little Bea is a cutie, I would get her to the vet to make sure it isn't an infection.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yes def get her checked out. she is adorable though and welcome :D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I apologize as I was on my phone when I first read this and sometimes I don't get the entire view and didn't see the tag on until this morning. I just went through this with my baby girl and got lucky we caught it early. If your baby has a runny nose take a white tissue or other cloth like a gauze square and wiper her nose (No towels as they are too thick). Take it to a room with bright light to look at it. If it has even the littlest bit of a greenish tint she needs to see the vet asap as she has at a minimum an upper respiratory infection which can turn to pneumonia very quickly if not treated which can be very bad and hard to treat for these guys. One other thing you can do is to cup your hands around her girth right behind her front shoulders while she is standing. If it has already made it to her chest you will be able to feel it when she breathes and need to get to the vet quickly. If it is caught early enough it can be cleared up in a week or two with antibiotics and breathing treatments. If it is left to sit it can take months to get rid of.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.