Bullie from Duluth, MN

Lady Bulldog

Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Hi! Wanted to introduce Chunk! He will be 2 on May 9th this year. He is my first English. I wanted to join this site because anything that can go wrong with an English has happened to Chunk. They say this breed is pretty high maintenance and I am seeing how true that is. When I picked him up---he already had cherry eye and had surgery done. But shortly after, he started with skin issues. He's had hot spots, yeast and bacterial infections, and not to mention interdigital cysts on his paws, OH! and a tail pocket infection. I would like to know if anyone else out there has had this much trouble with their babies? I thank you for the welcome and look forward to reading the forum! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site. Most of the skin issues you explained, can be fixed with a food change. What food do you have him on?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and :welcome3: to EBN..... yes, agree with David, all you mention can be related to feeding the wrong food for you bully.

You can look at this list to see what food you may want to change over to but some favorites her are Fromm, Earthborn, Nature's Variety, Merrick's, Taste of the Wild

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings&=

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN. Sorry to hear of these issues, are you still feeding Science
Diet? Y'all see vast improvement in all this even healing if you change to grain
free and a compatible protein. Fromm's has a new Pork N Peas that many are
doing well on. I feed TOTW (Taste of the Wild) Bison & Venison. It'll stop bad
gas problems too. Cut out treats unless green beans, sardines, soft boiled egg,
yogurt...these can be given once or twice a week and good for them. Give a
couple of peeled slices of avocado (no pits) a couple times weekly as it will heal
his skin and is great for his coat too. Coconut oil will heal him, a daily tsp on top
of kibble and rubbed onto skin irritations and on dry nose works miracles. Good
luck, let us know & GOD bless!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.