Hi From River && Her Humans

forriverhendrix

Mar 25, 2014
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
FN: River, MN: Hendrix
Hi guys! My name is Megan and my boyfriend AJ and I will be picking up our little girl River (middle name Hendrix) Friday night! For years we've discussed bringing a bully into our hearts and home and we can't believe it's finally happening. I have been obsessively researching for weeks and kept coming back to this site for real experiences and advice, so here's to sharing with and helping each other, to learning, living and wholeheartedly love love loving our new (and old) babies. And I just realized she turned 10 weeks today! We'll get to spend the whole weekend with her and would love to know your recommendations/experiences with introducing your puppy to her brand new home. We will be starting off with an hour and a half drive but it will be late so I hope she's too sleepy to be too stressed/sad about leaving her mama and litter mates. We expect to get home around midnight! So it'll be a late one, but if she's up to it we will introduce her to the crate and let her explore...like I said, would love to hear your first night stories! Thanks!

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Love her name! By any chance are you a doctor who fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh she is beaaauutiful, and oh so wrinkly!!! :heart:

I don't have much advice but congratulations and good luck! I'm sure Friday is way too far away for you two.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Not sure about others but most of Harlea's first day/night with us was spent clinging to me as it was all overwhelming. As for her crate she took to it right away with no issues. Just be ready to take her out about ever 1 to 2 hours both day and night. That is the hardest thing to get used to for the first few weeks/months. Just like having a newborn baby in the house.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome3: to EBN! Thanks for joining up and I'm happy you found us! How exciting for you, you are in for the time of your life with that beautiful little girl! I totally agree with Marine the biggest thing will be potty training and taking her out and getting her on a routine. Buster's first night at home was a good one, my wife slept with him in our den and he slept like a rock. Puppies love to sleep and need their sleep but when they get active watch out because they've got ALOT of energy! Take as many pictures and videos of her because they grow way too fast.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Our first night with Meatball, he screamed the whole night lol. We put the crate in our bedroom, let's just say it took about a week and a half before he learned to like his crate. We put blankets and toys in his crate however I found that he would constantly pee on his blanket/pillow. We removed them for a while until he had better bladder control. I didn't want him thinking it's ok to pee on blankets lol! Good luck. Cute, wrinkly puppy, love the name:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new pup is adorable, and I LOVE the name… As Todd said get ready for taking her out every couple of hours, and she may be rather clingy the first couple of days. Keep your eye out for things she may swallow… toys, socks, etc… as she warms up to her new home. Can't wait to see more pics...

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
OMGGGGG SHE'S SO CUTE! Congrats :) It was only 8 short months ago that we were bringing home our baby bully and it was the best day ever! We also kept her crate next to our bed for the first week or 2. She didn't cry too much but when she did I would just reach my hand down so she knew I was there. For the first 2-3 weeks we woke up a few times in the middle of the night to take her out to potty but she quickly started holding it through the night and we eventually moved her crate to the livingroom with quiet music on through the night.

Bulldogmd

Sep 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Welcome to bulldog world. Not only is she a beauty she's a cutie.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I cannot stop looking at this beautiful dog! SO PERFECT and I am jealous. congrats on your new baby :drawheart:

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH and I too had to drive a long time for my pup. When I got Jovi I had to drive 5 hours to philly to get her. But I tell you what... she slept the ENTIRE way home right on my lap. And when we got home of course we wanted to play with her (it was 11 at night) and we did for about 45 mins then went to bed.... and she slept the entire night through. Next morning I had never in my life seen such a happy dog. SHE LOVED her new home. She couldnt stop wiggling her booty everytime she saw us. So dont you worry. Your pup will adapt quick!

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Welcome to EBN!! She is a cutie. Let's see the first night we brought Leo home, he loved his cage. We left a blanket with the scent of his breeder and momma in his cage. Actually he was seemed quite nervous being in a new environment. He didn't want to drink any water either, but he was fine the next day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of bulldogs!! River is a beauty.... Best of luck with her.

give her sometime to just roam around and smell the place keep close eye for potty and trying to eat stuff.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.