New to forums and help!

cberg54

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abigail
Hi, I am obviously new to the forums. My girlfriend and I have a 4 year old English Bulldog named Abigail. We adopted her when she was 2 years old and have loved her since. Abigail has recently gotten sick. She cannot keep food or water down. She was first diagnosed with Lyme disease. 4 hospitals and thousands of dollars later we now have found out she has mega-esophagus. The doctors don't think she is a good candidate to cut her soft pallet because they didn't see anything in the x-rays and ultrasound to suggest that is the problem. They suggest a feeding tube so that she can get the food and water she needs through this means. Any suggestions or comments? Anyone been through or seen this before? Thank you for your help!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there, so sorry to hear about your baby! I'll see if anyone has any experience with this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for your baby girls health issue.... Sending many prayers and positive thoughts

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear about your girl, but I have no experience with this. Please keep us posted on her.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're going through this with Abigail. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Mega Esophagus, hopefully someone who has experience will come along soon and offer some advice or suggestions. I hope Abigail feels better soon, sending love, hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So sorry Abigail is having this problem I don't have any experience with mega esophagus either. Sending prayers your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, I'm sorry to her about her problems:( I don't have any experience either, just want to send some positive thoughts your way:assurred:. Isn't it with mega esophagus they use that chair where the dog drink and eat in an upright position? I saw a post about it somewhere, can't remember where. I believe it also said that in some cases feeding the dog in the stairs can help as well as... but I can be completely wrong about this:eek: Hope someone on here with experience comes along and can help you out. Hugs to you and Abigail<3

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Aww, I'm sorry to her about her problems:( I don't have any experience either, just want to send some positive thoughts your way:assurred:. Isn't it with mega esophagus they use that chair where the dog drink and eat in an upright position? I saw a post about it somewhere, can't remember where. I believe it also said that in some cases feeding the dog in the stairs can help as well as... but I can be completely wrong about this:eek: Hope someone on here with experience comes along and can help you out. Hugs to you and Abigail<3
You are thinking about the use of the Bailey Chair. I only know what I have read about this condition and many people use the Bailey Chair and feed their pups with food in the shape of a very small meatball so it more or less rolls down to the stomach. Other than that I am clueless about this condition.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.