Let's try this again!!!

2BulldogsandaBoxer

Feb 8, 2014
NC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy & Holly
Been MIA since we got our new bully babies. Last time I wrote we hadn't named them. Well....they finally have names that we agreed on---Buddy and Holly. :) They are getting big!!!

We've had a lot going on. Sadly, our Boxer Maddy lost her battle with Degenerative Myelopathy. We made a decision (of course second guessing now) to put her down Saturday as she lost her ability to stand or even walk without falling. It's been very hard on the entire family--especially my husband. He was her "person". She gave us 9 wonderful years as our "first baby". :cry: We will have her back this weekend and she will forever have a spot on our mantle.

I am hoping to get more active on the boards!! At least until August--when I start Nursing school!! :|

and---I need suggestions on food. We are currently doing TOTW Puppy Bison. They are EXTREMELY thirsty all.the.time. Comments? Advice on this?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I LOVE your bully names, how adorable!!! :luv:

On a more serious note, I'm so very sorry to hear about your boxer Maddy :*( I have a 9 year old boxer myself, and they are the sweetest dogs. My heart just breaks for you & your family...

Congrats on the nursing school!!! I don't have any food advice… I've never used TOTW, I would just maybe mention to your vets to make sure that it's not an infection or something.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Such cute pups and I too love their names!
I'm sorry about Maddy. Saying goodbye is never, ever easy. Sounds like she had a wonderful life with you though.

TOTW is a good brand of food. The fact that the pups are always thirsty may not be so unusual as they're probably quite active and need to drink water often. Are they okay otherwise, like activity-wise and eating/potty/sleeping okay?

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I've never fed TOTW but I am feeding Fromm Gold and my 12 week old drinks his weight in water! Not literally, but he does drink a lot. I have no idea why but I'm curious to know the answer as well!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls love water and they are perfectly healthy. When I fed them homemade food they didn't drink much water because there is a ton of moisture in homemade food but lately I have had to rely on kibbles since my job requires more time because of some projects I am on. I was using Blue Buffalo a long time ago but Amber started having problems and I changed the food to Welness Core Ocean but both of them always had terrible tear stains, even on homemade food they had tear stains. So in January I put them on Fromm Beef Frittata and while they both are back to drinking tons of water neither of them have tear stains. It took two months but the tear stains are gone. They have eaten two bags of Fromm Grain Free Beef Frittata and their next two bags are Fromm Grain Free Pork and Peas. The water is just because the kibbles is dry in my girls case but I am just extremely happy that I now have two bullies tear stain free. Hopefully, I will have the same luck with the pork and peas and will be able to switch back and forth between the two. Hopefully your bullies just like water but good luck.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Those are a couple of VERY GOOD LOOKING babies!! Wow!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: BACK!! What a beautiful family you have.... love the names you selected too!

So sorry for the loss of your Maddy... is that her picture (first one)?

OP
2BulldogsandaBoxer

2BulldogsandaBoxer

Feb 8, 2014
NC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy & Holly
:hiya: :welcome3: BACK!! What a beautiful family you have.... love the names you selected too!

So sorry for the loss of your Maddy... is that her picture (first one)?

Yes, She's the white beast. LOL she was purebred but her coat was soooo long and she shed A LOT. We are pretty sure it was because she was all white. :) That's why we picked her though--I always wanted a white Boxer.

Thanks for all the messages guys!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.