Thread: Let's try this again!!!

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy & Holly
    Likes (Received)

Default Let's try this again!!!

Been MIA since we got our new bully babies. Last time I wrote we hadn't named them. Well....they finally have names that we agreed on---Buddy and Holly. They are getting big!!!

We've had a lot going on. Sadly, our Boxer Maddy lost her battle with Degenerative Myelopathy. We made a decision (of course second guessing now) to put her down Saturday as she lost her ability to stand or even walk without falling. It's been very hard on the entire family--especially my husband. He was her "person". She gave us 9 wonderful years as our "first baby". We will have her back this weekend and she will forever have a spot on our mantle.

I am hoping to get more active on the boards!! At least until August--when I start Nursing school!! :|

and---I need suggestions on food. We are currently doing TOTW Puppy Bison. They are EXTREMELY thirsty all.the.time. Comments? Advice on this?

-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Let's try this again!!!

I LOVE your bully names, how adorable!!!

On a more serious note, I'm so very sorry to hear about your boxer Maddy I have a 9 year old boxer myself, and they are the sweetest dogs. My heart just breaks for you & your family...

Congrats on the nursing school!!! I don't have any food advice… I've never used TOTW, I would just maybe mention to your vets to make sure that it's not an infection or something.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Such cute pups and I too love their names!
    I'm sorry about Maddy. Saying goodbye is never, ever easy. Sounds like she had a wonderful life with you though.

TOTW is a good brand of food. The fact that the pups are always thirsty may not be so unusual as they're probably quite active and need to drink water often. Are they okay otherwise, like activity-wise and eating/potty/sleeping okay?

Real Name
    Brooke
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

I've never fed TOTW but I am feeding Fromm Gold and my 12 week old drinks his weight in water! Not literally, but he does drink a lot. I have no idea why but I'm curious to know the answer as well!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

My girls love water and they are perfectly healthy. When I fed them homemade food they didn't drink much water because there is a ton of moisture in homemade food but lately I have had to rely on kibbles since my job requires more time because of some projects I am on. I was using Blue Buffalo a long time ago but Amber started having problems and I changed the food to Welness Core Ocean but both of them always had terrible tear stains, even on homemade food they had tear stains. So in January I put them on Fromm Beef Frittata and while they both are back to drinking tons of water neither of them have tear stains. It took two months but the tear stains are gone. They have eaten two bags of Fromm Grain Free Beef Frittata and their next two bags are Fromm Grain Free Pork and Peas. The water is just because the kibbles is dry in my girls case but I am just extremely happy that I now have two bullies tear stain free. Hopefully, I will have the same luck with the pork and peas and will be able to switch back and forth between the two. Hopefully your bullies just like water but good luck.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Those are a couple of VERY GOOD LOOKING babies!! Wow!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

BACK!! What a beautiful family you have.... love the names you selected too!

So sorry for the loss of your Maddy... is that her picture (first one)?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy & Holly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    BACK!! What a beautiful family you have.... love the names you selected too!

So sorry for the loss of your Maddy... is that her picture (first one)?
    Yes, She's the white beast. LOL she was purebred but her coat was soooo long and she shed A LOT. We are pretty sure it was because she was all white. That's why we picked her though--I always wanted a white Boxer.

Thanks for all the messages guys!

Remove Ads