Dermodex

Houp Carol

Aug 11, 2013
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Camo
My 9mth old had dermodex on her face it's cleared up for the most part with antibiotics and cream from the vet. Now she has a bald spot on her back size of a penny. Her skin was dry in that spot now she has lost her hair it's not red or infected. Any ideas ? This is my first bulldog and I'm afraid I'm not doing something right

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It may be another localized spot, do you have any leftover cream you can put on until you see the vet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: So sorry your baby is having this problem. We have some great members who can give you advice. I think using the cream until you can get in to the vet is a good idea.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum
It might take some time for everything to fully clear out ;-( , I would suggest for another trip to the vet to make sure everything is healing as it should and the current treatment is working

edit : forgot to add , baths in a medicated shampoo like malaseb for instance can help also
sometimes 2 treatments can be required after vet check if thee is till presence of live mites -it can take from few weeks to few months for your dog to be completely mite free

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:Sorry to hear about your bullie's problem. There is a product called Nu Stock, you can get it at a horse supply-or look on the internet. I have used it for years. It will take care of the spot you mention, and many other wounds,mange,etc. It used to come in a jar-now it's in a big tube. it separates,so you have to mush the tube around until it mixes. Read the directions. It works. It's about $13.00.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.