New here.. Idaho

Frankie Barajas

Feb 22, 2014
Burley Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
mya
:help1:Hi I'm new here my name is frankie and I have a 3 month old English bulldog. I'm having trouble with her eating , she started not eating much or nothing at all. I took her to vet already yesterday , they found fleas on her they gave her some something for it. They also said her throat was felling like she got a affection, they gave her a shot for it and they said she would be feeling normal again. She does play and drink her water but when it comes to her food she just eat like haft a cup. That's not normal for her she used to eat like four times a day about three cups. I worried about her cuz she's been like this for 3 days l. She had had rabies shot and first shot already. Please some one help me.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Hi Frankie! You came to the right spot. Other members will be along shortly to help. I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

Did you change Mya's food lately? Mya's tummy might be upset/generally not feeling well right now after the shots from the vet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor baby, she is so young. Glad you took her to the vet. Has she had any other symptoms? Like vomiting or diarrhea?

If she is eating (even just smaller portions) and drinking, she may be starting to feel better. Excellent question above, have you switched her food? Opened a new bag of food? Any chance she ate anything she shouldn't have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You mentioned that she had a "throat infection". Perhaps her throat is -a sore throat, and it hurts her to swallow hard food. Try soaking her food to soften it, or give her some broth-chicken or beef-see if she will drink some, or give her some plain yogurt-most dogs love yogurt, it is good for her. Did the vet give you any medication to give her, also? Let us know how she is.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
You mentioned that she had a "throat infection". Perhaps her throat is -a sore throat, and it hurts her to swallow hard food. Try soaking her food to soften it, or give her some broth-chicken or beef-see if she will drink some, or give her some plain yogurt-most dogs love yogurt, it is good for her. Did the vet give you any medication to give her, also? Let us know how she is.

Excellent suggestion. Ace had a sore throat a few days after getting him. He wasn't eating much. I soaked his food and wala!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Hi Frankie , welcome .... Hoping your Mya is feeling better .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome..... how is Mya doing? Good questions from the gang, what are you feeding or have you changed her food lately?

Members online

No members online now.