just got my 10 week old bantam bulldogge

M

minnie

Hi, new to this site. Our bantam bulldogge, Minnie is so sweet! Strangely, her ears are sticking up, actually more sideways like Yoda. Anyone know if this is a condition, or if they may flop down? We love her and her Minnie mouse ears..just curious, as I've never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• DSCN0294.JPG
    DSCN0294.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 392

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
What a cutie! I'm thinking her ears are going to stay up like that, but you never know. Nevertheless, I think it's these quirks that make them more loveable!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi, new to this site. Our bantam bulldogge, Minnie is so sweet! Strangely, her ears are sticking up, actually more sideways like Yoda. Anyone know if this is a condition, or if they may flop down? We love her and her Minnie mouse ears..just curious, as I've never seen anything like it.

Not sure what denotes a 'bantam bulldogge' but your Minnie looks as if some
French Bulldog may be in her lineage. What does Minnie's registered papers
state that she is? She's just adorable! A member here has an English Bulldog
crossed with French Bulldog and looks just like Minnie here, very sweet too :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Minnie is a cutie for sure. She does look like she has some Frenchy in her which could be the reason her ears are sticking up. I am not very familiar with Bantam's so I cannot say if they will go down or not.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Forgive my ignorance, but what is bantam bulldog?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hadn't heard of a bantam bulldog either, so I just looked them up. Looks like they come from lines of English bulldogs and french bulldogs. She is adorable and I love her ears, she looks like she's got a lot of Frenchie in her. [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] you must see this sweet baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I,too had never heard of a "Bantam Bulldog" until someone had mentioned that name on EBN one time(don't remember who..) but she sure looks like their is alot of French Bulldog in her. I have a half French, half English and this is what she looks like. dogs372013 011.JPG Maybe I have a "Bantam!!!"

Jack G

Feb 11, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Defo looks like a English X French to me.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Just found this:
Breeders in the early 1970's began to develop a bulldog that possessed a smaller compact stature yet maintained the traditional "bully" characteristics and temperament qualities while breeding away from the health issues that plagued many of the modern bulldog.

AKC doesn't recognize them, but united canine association does. At one point they were known as english bantam bulldogs.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I did look on the internet-and some people DID breed English and French to create a smaller bulldog, which they have called "Bantam". It is not AKC recognized, but they have created the breed. Never stop learnin' new stuff!!! :no:I even have one and didn't KNOW it!!ha!ha!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Minnie's such a cutie! I've never heard of Bantam Bulldogs either so now I've learned something new. Welcome to EBN!!

:welcomeEBN:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I,too had never heard of a "Bantam Bulldog" until someone had mentioned that name on EBN one time(don't remember who..) but she sure looks like their is alot of French Bulldog in her. I have a half French, half English and this is what she looks like. View attachment 66841 Maybe I have a "Bantam!!!"[/QUOTE

So adorable! Lynn...what's her personality?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Carol,
Carlie is a very laid back dog-I have never heard her bark-but when she wants to play-she will tease the heck out of the bullies and when they try to take the toy from her, she sounds so mean you can't believer it! She plays rough-but when she goes to bed for the night-she is out-and it takes me 15 minutes to get her up in the morning! She hates getting up! Ever since she was a little pup-she has never done anything wrong!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Welcome ... I just love the ears :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy cuteness... she is adorable. I agree with the others, looks like some Frenchie in those ears :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.