Hi Everyone

SKS1218

Feb 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I have a 7 year old male bully named Buddy. He's been pretty sick since December & taking are of him has been a 24/7 job. His issues started last summer with yeasty skin & a bad ear infection. The vet put him on meds& he seemed to improve but never fully. He was kept on & off meds (antibiotic & pred)--mostly on until he seemed to be doing ok early fall. In the beginning of Dec I noticed a quarter sized scab on his back. The vet thought it was a ruptured cyst & put him back on all the meds. He got progressively worse & fast! They did a culture which came back positive for antibiotic resistant psuedintermedius. He was put on chloramphenicol. He was losing fur & not really improving. Another vet in the practice did a scrape & he was positive for Demodex. My poor guy has just been miserable. He is now on Advantage multi once a week for the Demodex, clindamycin for the staph (the other med was making him so weak) & I wash him daily with a peroxide shampoo. My heart just breaks for him! I'm trying to build his immunity so he can fight this. I strongly suspect all the pred just ruined his immune system. He's on wellness core ocean, probiotics, fish oil & nuvet daily. I suppose I wanted to join here to reach out to others who love these big clowns as much as I do. This dog has my heart & I will do all I can to help him.
Thanks for reading! Look forward to getting to know all of you.
Sue

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi and welcome.
My heart goes out to anyone who's baby's are poorly.
Can't wait to see pictures of buddy

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hinand welcome to the forum , i see you are already on a slow road to recovery as you know what i going on with Buddy
I hope to see more of your posts and updates on how your boy is doing and-dont forget the pictures ;-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Sue..... so sorry your Buddy is going through such a tough time. hugs and prayers he is better soon!

:hug:

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
SORRY Buddy is going thru this ,sounds like he is getting lots of love and help from you -HANG IN THERE he will be back to his old self soon Oh and welcome to EBN

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. I am sorry to hear about your baby and hope he feels better soon.

OP
SKS1218

SKS1218

Feb 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I had thought I added a picture but have done so now. This is from early Nov. I will add more as soon as my boy has recovered.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:EBNwelcome:I hope your Buddy greatly improves very soon,poor fella'. I know Mom must be so stressed,too.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Welcome !! I am sending prayers to your family and hope you are both blessed with health .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Hi Sue, welcome to you and Buddy... sorry to hear Buddy hasn't been feeling very well. Anything we can do to help just ask, this forum is full of a lot of information.
Hugs and prayers.
Marlene

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.