Hello new here

martybc

Feb 15, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hello all we are new here and found you looking for info on tail pockets. Our puppy is around 16 weeks. We just discovered that he was sore and upon further inspection found weeping and some smell redness and swelling. He has a tight screw tail apparently I've discovered and now I'm beside myself. I am happy to have found you guys to help us we are glad t be here!! We will be taking him to the vet Monday to get boosters and more about the problem.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:smileywelcome:to EBN! Now that you have found that he has a tail pocket, you must always be sure to keep it clean. Have your vet show you on Monday!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. I agree with Lynn now that you know about his tight talk and tail pocket it is very important that you keep it clean and dry on a daily basis so that it doesn't get foul or infected. Your vet should be able to show you how to properly keep it clean.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great seeing you here, [MENTION=11123]martybc[/MENTION]! Many of us here have had issues with the tail pockets and know how concerned you're feeling right now. I'm glad you'll be taking Bear to the vet's tomorrow to get the tail looked at. Meanwhile, search our forums with the word "tail pocket" and you'll find lots of members sharing their experiences and input on the matter. Ask as many questions as you need to…we're all here to help!!

:welcome:

Jack G

Feb 11, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
hello and welcome..........good luck at the vets tomorrow.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.