markclement

Jan 12, 2014
Islip, NY
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Hi
I am new to this site and I have a question but have no idea which section to list it under.

I have a very healthy spoiled 6 and 1/2 yr old 68lb female Bully that is a very picky eater but the worst part is she will not eat out of her bowl. She will only eat (after much coaxing) out of her bed. I have tried everything. I was easier to feed my daughter when she was little. Can anyone on here able to shead some lite?

Many Thanks

Mark

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3:

What type of bowls are you using?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
A few more details, as to when this began or has she always only wanted to eat out of her bed. That may be a cue as to why.

OP
M

markclement

Jan 12, 2014
Islip, NY
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Hi Thanks for the reply. She has always been a picky eater. We have been trying everything. Food type (Never people food), types of bowls, and everything thing else we could think of. This is the only thing that works and even this is like pulling teeth. Vet says she is one of the most healthy Bullys she has ever seen. 72lbs so she is not starving. Current food is Science Diet, Prescription Diet J/D. Vet says good for joints.

Thanks Mark

Oh by the way she is spoilled. As all bullies should be if you ask me.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hi
I am new to this site and I have a question but have no idea which section to list it under.

I have a very healthy spoiled 6 and 1/2 yr old 68lb female Bully that is a very picky eater but the worst part is she will not eat out of her bowl. She will only eat (after much coaxing) out of her bed. I have tried everything. I was easier to feed my daughter when she was little. Can anyone on here able to shead some lite?

Many Thanks

Mark

My mom LOVES to leave food down for her dogs 24/7. What I was taught was.......you put the food down in the area where feeding takes place. You leave it down for 30 minutes then you pick it up. 12 hours later....put the food down for 30 minutes. If she eats, she eats. If not, you pick it up until the next feeding 12 hours later. Same thing. She will eat when she is hungry and you will train her when and where she is to eat. We give our two probiotics.....which they love. We never ever have to worry about them NOT eating. They gobble it up faster than I can say the alphabet.

If dinner is running late or it's getting close to the time, they let us know. They sit and stare at us or they will whimper and whine. Sometimes they will paw at us.

Breakfast at 8am dinner at 8pm. It seems even daylight savings time doesn't throw their internal feeding clock off.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has given you some great advice. If they get hungry enough, they will eat. You can also try adding a little bit of a flavoring to the food. We have used Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried dinners, ours like the Duck, Duck, Goose, one. Just break a little off and sprinkle it on their food. They love it and it's also good for them. We used it for Hazel when she had pups, because she would not eat and she needed to because she was nursing pups. Buddy also went through a stage where he would not eat and started losing weight, so we tried this and he scarfed it up.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I see you have already gotten great advice. I agree with Cheryl and David, she will eventually eat, she won't starve herself.

Most Reactions