Sandy

Erica Hogle

May 6, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sandy
Hi, my name is Erica and this is my girl Sandy! P1000967.jpg

I have a question and need some advice. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I was wondering what are some
good ways to clean her wrinkles? I have tried, baby wipes, vinegar, soapy water and to help dry I've tried
cornstarch and desitin. It seems like no matter what I do they stay wet and stained. Thanks :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Staining can be attributed to allergies and food in many cases. What type of food are you feeding her? As for cleaning many people use witch hazel on a cotton ball or Duoxo pads as they are an astringent and will dry on their own. For general wipe downs unscented baby wipes are good as well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sandy is such a beauty!! I use malecetic otic and malacetic ultra, both work wonderful.

Food has a lot to do with it, but it could also be allergies, teething, or hairs touching her eyes (entropion or distachia).

Don't use soap, cornstarch (alone) or baby wipes as that will only feed yeast if there is a yeast bloom in her wrinkles.

Many have success with douxo or witch hazel. They both have a drying agent in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi, looks like Todd and Lisa have you covered with great advice, so nothing to add, except wanted to welcome you and Sandy to EBN. You will love this site. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and please share more pictures of Sandy.

Last edited:

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Just wanted to say Welcome to the site, I don' have much to add as don't have that problem but you have got some great advice alreay !!! :) Sandy looks like a sweety ! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome: to EBN!

The issue with the wrinkles could be allergy related --- what do you feed her? I use Witch hazel on cotton pad for Banks'

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcomesmiley: to EBN! Glad you both joined us :2thumbs: excited to see more pics of beautiful Sandy!! Usually the wrinkle issues are associated with an allergy. I haven't heard of that brand dog food...I noticed once we switched Brutus to a high quality food a lot of things changed (for better) he used to lick his paws a lot, etc. here is a link for EBN dog food ratings page! I avoided chicken and rice when I started and it worked out well! We feed Fromm and switch different flavore each month! I think it's the only brand that you don't have to slow transition between flavore (only Fromm) others gave you great advice on what to clean with! Hope all goes well and keep us posted! Be sure to share pics also she is too pretty to not share :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.