First Time Owner

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi and welcome:) I've never used crates for my bulldogs... mainly cos I didn't really think about even. When they were puppies they slept next to me in a big plastic tub kind of thing so I could hear if they woke up so I could take them out. It worked kind of like a crate I guess... I keep my home free from things they can chew and swallow so they're never crated, and when we leave the house we keep them each in different rooms so they wont harm each other for some reason. Cant wait to see pictures:w00t:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I started my two bullies on a diamond brand food, costco's natures domain. I thought all was great, no allergies, tear stains, etc. But then Bertha started having chronic urinary tract infections. Was the food the only culprit, probably not. I would tell you that since changing to From, she has not had one for over 9months. Diamond has had many recalls and I would weigh the cost versus piece of mind. As far as crate training, I could leave Arnold out forever and know he was safe. However, bertha is walking destruction. They both have Sept with us from day one. However, it will be alto easier to crate train a bullie pup then a stubborn Bullie adolescent. Arnold busted out of his and did some damage to his nose. Very scary. Just a few thoughts after my trial and error

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I've had two previous bulldogs that I adopted when they were both around 3 years old - neither needed to be crated and could be trusted not to destroy the house while I was gone. I now have a PUPPY - a chewing, peeing, whirlwind of love!! I crate him for the beginning of the night and let him sleep for a few hours and then take him out, he goes back in and after our last potty time around 4:30 - 5 in the morning, I let him snuggle in bed until the alarm goes off at six. It's the best of both worlds for me. I don't have to worry about him peeing on my bed (fingers crossed) and he still knows that he's safe in his crate. I will probably, once he does better with house training, allow him to stay in the kitchen during the day instead of the crate although I'll leave the crate in there for him.

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I'm actually not getting him until Late March. The mom is due in a week and I have second pick of the litter! The wait is killing me! I am a planner and I need to have all of this figured out as soon as possible for peace of mind. lol I am planning on keeping the pup tied to me every second possible and be more proactive with the training. The only thing I'm unsure of is how to get though the night but it sounds like using a crate is going to be my best option. If we do start crating him at night, I would want to get a wire crate instead of using the porter. What size should I get?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.