TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Hello everyone,

I just got my little bulldog pup yesterday and thought I would join the forum to learn more about the breed and share our adventures with you. This little guys owner found out they had a very aggressive cancer and could no longer keep him. She didn't believe she could handle chemo, a newborn baby and the puppy alone while her husband is deployed so now I have the little man, formerly Duke. We're currently trying to think of a different name for him (We like more unique names, such as our Doberman who's name is Skittles which yes, is why my username is taste the rainbow.) I hope to meet a lot of new people and make some friends in my time here!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:welcome2: Your boy looks handsome! Are you going to stay in the "candy" names? Like
Hershey
Rolo
Snicker's
you get the point, lol..............

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
We might! Just trying to think of the perfect name for his personality and usually with a new dog that takes a couple days. He is a real sweetheart, always giving me kisses and wanting to be right with me everywhere I go! I do have to ask though, is it NORMAL for bulldogs to be so gassy? We had a couple when I was growing up but I was young enough I don't remember them. Man this boy can clear a room when he lets one rip! I woke up last night in the middle of the night thinking he pooed it stunk so bad LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We might! Just trying to think of the perfect name for his personality and usually with a new dog that takes a couple days. He is a real sweetheart, always giving me kisses and wanting to be right with me everywhere I go! I do have to ask though, is it NORMAL for bulldogs to be so gassy? We had a couple when I was growing up but I was young enough I don't remember them. Man this boy can clear a room when he lets one rip! I woke up last night in the middle of the night thinking he pooed it stunk so bad LOL

Well they can clear a room, lol. A good dog food and treats help a lot with gas problems. What are you feeding?

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
We feed Blue buffalo wilderness puppy formula, treats are homemade dehydrated meat.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new baby is adorable… and yes welcome to the gas zone!!! LOL

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Welcome. Tons of great info here and very knowledgeable people! I'm a Texas newbie myself :). What part of Tx you from? I'm close to the tip of Texas...McAllen to be exact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm actually starting to expect his gas now but I don't think I'll ever get used to it LOL. That's okay though because I love him. He is an amazing little guy. And I'm in Central Texas up near Fort Hood.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good food, plain yogurt and kefir are your best friends to help with the room clearing gas.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Good food, plain yogurt and kefir are your best friends to help with the room clearing gas.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's time for a trip to the store, how much would you advise giving him? And what is Kefir? O.O

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds like it's time for a trip to the store, how much would you advise giving him? And what is Kefir? O.O
The amount varies. When we use yogurt we give Harlea 2 tablespoons as snacks after breakfast and after dinner before bedtime. Others only use 1 tablespoon and us it as a topper on their kibble. Kefir is a cultured dairy product similar to yogurt with a liquid consistency that is packed full of probiotics. When we use that she gets a small bowl in the morning and another small bowl at night. She loves both.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We've given June yogurt since she was like 10 weeks old and she's never had gas! We wanted to give it to her as a treat and also for the probiotics. I'm assuming that's why she's never had a gas problem, but not positive. Can't hurt to try :) We put it in her kong and freeze it and she gets it at night.

I'm also central TX - Austin area :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.