Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from O-town

Country
    North America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default Howdy from O-town

Hello All, just wanted to say hi!! After years of wanting a EB I finally took the plunge Dec 24. I found my handsome boy on craigslist, the price was right and so is he. He's got a great personality and is very well behaved. The previous owner didn't have time for him any more and would leave him at home for 2 days with a pile of food and water. He has some bad manners but he is learning quickly and get TONS of attention all the time now. He is just about 2 and a half, which is nice bc he's house broken already. He is a skunk right now though. He has a very deep tail pocket that I've been working with and just getting nowhere. Took him to the vet last night to see if there was anything they could do, I'm taking him back in tomorrow morning for surgery. They are cutting off the loose skin and leaving the tail. I'm not sure how that will look, I've only seen pics with the tail removed along with the skin. He is miserable right now, so I can't wait for the procedure, I know he will be much happier once his discomfort is done with. He's currently unaltered and I was thinking of breeding him, but the Vet is really pushing to neuter him while he's under and after discussing with my wife I think we are going to get him neutered. He has a great blood line, but it's hard to justify breeding him with so many EB rescues here in FL. OH, one good thing the previous owner did was take care of his eye surgeries already, both eyes have been taken care of so hopefully cherry eye will never be a problem. Anyways, that's my story. Look forward to checking out your bullys and sharing pics and memories of my Buddy.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agatha Gump
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Howdy from O-town

Welcome and good luck with Buddy's surgery.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN! Buddy is so very handsome and lucky to get a great home!

Thank you for rehoming him (I have a rehomed retired breeder, Cami) and for
    NOT breeding him. Yes, he will feel so much better after his surgery. Let us know
    about him and please, post more pics!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi and welcome to you and Buddy. I'm glad you joined EBN. Thank you so much for rescuing this beautiful baby, and giving him a better home. I hope the tail surgery will give him relief from his discomfort. It would be best if he could have both tail and neuter surgery together, as it will reduce his risk of anesthetic to only have to be put under once. Also having him neutered will be better for his health as it reduces the risk of cancer, and helps stop marking, humping, and will be safer for him due to him wandering and running off, and maybe getting hit by a car. I hope all goes well, please keep us posted on how he's doing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and please post lots of pictures of Buddy.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    North America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Buddy will be having the neuter and pocket removal surgery done at the same time. The danger of having separate procedures and putting him under twice was another cause for concern and a good reason to have it all done at one time. I'm also having him microchipped since he's not. Hard to believe the original owner spent thousands on him and didn't have him chipped.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to the site.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgHi, definitely a good decision to do everything together. Good job Dad. Buddy is so lucky you found him. I never understood why people buy a puppy, spend lots of money on them, and then don't think it out. If you don't have time for a dog, you must know this before youngest a dog, they are just like children, they depend on us for everything, they are helpless, and unlike children who eventually grow and become more in dependant, they never will be able to feed themselves, bath themselves, or take themselves out to go potty. They don't even eventually move out. A dog is a 15 to 20 year commitment, and they will be dependant for you that whole time. A dog should be bought with the intention of it being part of the family, not to be discarded to the backyard once he's not a cute puppy anymore, or it's no longer convenient to have him. People really need to do more research, and think before they get a dog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bully Bootie Duty Sarah Elizabeth's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hulk
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN :-) Buddy's a cutie!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You're wonderful to be doing this and I know Buddy will be so much happier because of it! I'm so happy you've found us! Buddy is a very handsome boy.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You are a great dad to your boy Buddy--thank you for saving him from his previous life AND for getting him neutered while he has his tail surgery tomorrow. My bully Finn will also be undergoing tail amputation on Thursday. I hope Buddy will feel so much better after his surgery and recovery.

to EBN!!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of your baby. I hope the surgery come out fine. I know if the vet does it correctly, he will be so much happier for it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!! Thank you for giving Buddy a loving home, and keep us posted regarding his surgeries!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads