Buddy32825

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Buddy is home (I picked him up yesterday evening) his back end looks horrible, oozing and swollen. He's on lots of drugs-antibiotics, pain killers and what not. The Dr. said the oozing should stop this weekend. Per Dr.'s instructions I set a warm washcloth on it last night for a few minutes, he didn't care for that at all. The Dr. gave me some medicated wipes and I'll try to clean around the area later today. Hopefully Buddy will cooperate for that. Buddy slept pretty well last night, only whined for a minute and then went back to sleep. Praying that he heals quickly and there aren't any issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Buddy is home (I picked him up yesterday evening) his back end looks horrible, oozing and swollen. He's on lots of drugs-antibiotics, pain killers and what not. The Dr. said the oozing should stop this weekend. Per Dr.'s instructions I set a warm washcloth on it last night for a few minutes, he didn't care for that at all. The Dr. gave me some medicated wipes and I'll try to clean around the area later today. Hopefully Buddy will cooperate for that. Buddy slept pretty well last night, only whined for a minute and then went back to sleep. Praying that he heals quickly and there aren't any issues.

Poor baby! When trying to clean or warm compress the area distract him with some treats in your other hand, it helps me when working with Banks.

OP
Buddy32825

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
So my little boy ripped open his stitches. The Vet says it's actually not to bad and looks like the torn area -a rather large area at the, still looks like it is healing correctly. He wasn't bleeding when he tore his stitches and had tons of pain meds so he wasn't in a terrible amount of pain. The vet put him under again and is stitching him back up. I'm not sure how to keep the stitches from popping. He can't lick them, but he when he tries to reach his butt he ends up spinning on his butt in his attempts and he's spinning right on top of his stitches which tears them apart. Hopefully he doesn't tear them open again. Buddy was pretty P.O'd at the vet this morning. He definitely remembers what happened last time he was there. As soon as he went into the private room he was growling at the vet techs and peed on their floor. I don't think he's happy with all the pain they keep putting him in. Poor guy.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.