Howdy from O-town

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello All, just wanted to say hi!! After years of wanting a EB I finally took the plunge Dec 24. I found my handsome boy on craigslist, the price was right and so is he. He's got a great personality and is very well behaved. The previous owner didn't have time for him any more and would leave him at home for 2 days with a pile of food and water. He has some bad manners but he is learning quickly and get TONS of attention all the time now. He is just about 2 and a half, which is nice bc he's house broken already. He is a skunk right now though. He has a very deep tail pocket that I've been working with and just getting nowhere. Took him to the vet last night to see if there was anything they could do, I'm taking him back in tomorrow morning for surgery. They are cutting off the loose skin and leaving the tail. I'm not sure how that will look, I've only seen pics with the tail removed along with the skin. He is miserable right now, so I can't wait for the procedure, I know he will be much happier once his discomfort is done with. He's currently unaltered and I was thinking of breeding him, but the Vet is really pushing to neuter him while he's under and after discussing with my wife I think we are going to get him neutered. He has a great blood line, but it's hard to justify breeding him with so many EB rescues here in FL. OH, one good thing the previous owner did was take care of his eye surgeries already, both eyes have been taken care of so hopefully cherry eye will never be a problem. Anyways, that's my story. Look forward to checking out your bullys and sharing pics and memories of my Buddy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN! Buddy is so very handsome and lucky to get a great home!

Thank you for rehoming him (I have a rehomed retired breeder, Cami) and for
NOT breeding him. Yes, he will feel so much better after his surgery. Let us know
about him and please, post more pics!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi and welcome to you and Buddy. I'm glad you joined EBN. Thank you so much for rescuing this beautiful baby, and giving him a better home. I hope the tail surgery will give him relief from his discomfort. It would be best if he could have both tail and neuter surgery together, as it will reduce his risk of anesthetic to only have to be put under once. Also having him neutered will be better for his health as it reduces the risk of cancer, and helps stop marking, humping, and will be safer for him due to him wandering and running off, and maybe getting hit by a car. I hope all goes well, please keep us posted on how he's doing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and please post lots of pictures of Buddy.

OP
Buddy32825

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Buddy will be having the neuter and pocket removal surgery done at the same time. The danger of having separate procedures and putting him under twice was another cause for concern and a good reason to have it all done at one time. I'm also having him microchipped since he's not. Hard to believe the original owner spent thousands on him and didn't have him chipped.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi, definitely a good decision to do everything together. Good job Dad. Buddy is so lucky you found him. I never understood why people buy a puppy, spend lots of money on them, and then don't think it out. If you don't have time for a dog, you must know this before youngest a dog, they are just like children, they depend on us for everything, they are helpless, and unlike children who eventually grow and become more in dependant, they never will be able to feed themselves, bath themselves, or take themselves out to go potty. They don't even eventually move out. A dog is a 15 to 20 year commitment, and they will be dependant for you that whole time. A dog should be bought with the intention of it being part of the family, not to be discarded to the backyard once he's not a cute puppy anymore, or it's no longer convenient to have him. People really need to do more research, and think before they get a dog.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 116

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You're wonderful to be doing this and I know Buddy will be so much happier because of it! I'm so happy you've found us! Buddy is a very handsome boy. :welcome:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are a great dad to your boy Buddy--thank you for saving him from his previous life AND for getting him neutered while he has his tail surgery tomorrow. My bully Finn will also be undergoing tail amputation on Thursday. I hope Buddy will feel so much better after his surgery and recovery.

:welcome3: to EBN!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of your baby. I hope the surgery come out fine. I know if the vet does it correctly, he will be so much happier for it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Thank you for giving Buddy a loving home, and keep us posted regarding his surgeries!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for giving Buddy a new loving home!

Please keep us posted on his surgies, praying all goes well and a quick recovery!

:welcome3: to EBN

OP
Buddy32825

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you all again for the warm welcome and support. Buddy is at the vet getting the works. He was a little whiney this morning, probably bc he was hungry from his fast. I should have an update in a few hours post surgery

OP
Buddy32825

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Update on the update- spoke with vet tech earlier and she said all went well. Just spoke with Dr. house, she performed the surgery, and said it went well. They had to take a lot of skin so now I we have to keep an eye out for him pooping bc the skin is now tight being pulled up from the rectum are and also back from his back, it'll eventually stretch out but it is tight right now. He's going to be on a ton of antibiotics and pain meds when I take him home, Doc said he is doing well though, so that is good. Time for recovery.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online