Hi!

LillysMom

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Hello All,

My name is Simone & I am the proud mommy of Lilly a soon to be 5 year old English Bulldog! Lilly was a gift for me from my husband & sons, as an anniversary gift this year. He chose her from a breeder here in South Carolina & decided on her instead of a puppy. I am thrilled to have her in our life! We got Lilly on Dec. 7th & she was so snuggly & it seemed like all she wanted to do was to sleep & cuddle. We made an appointment for her to see a vet the following Saturday to have her checked out. The Friday before her vet appointment Lilly had diarreha & vomit a few times. We kept a close eye on her & took her to the vet first thing Saturday morning. The vet felt we should go to the emergency room because he was concerned she may have an infected uterus. We rushed her to the ER & they took her back immediately. After about 15 minutes & 1 ultrasound later the Dr. told us she heard one heartbeat! We were so excited at the possibility of having a puppy & that Lilly's uterus was not infected. We told the Dr. to proceed with the emergency C-section & to try & save the puppy. Two hours later we were told there were 4 puppies but none had survived & Lilly had massive scar tissue from so many pregnancies. We were saddened that the puppy had not survived but also felt a sense of relief for Lilly because now she gets to be, just a dog. A dog that is so sweet & playful & is the very best friend anyone could ask for!! She loves to play with her toys & my 11 year old son! She runs, jumps, & is all around an amazing dog. She's amazing & I can't begin to explain how much joy she brings to my life since I lost my American Bulldog about 1 year ago. Any way, that's our story & I'm sure I will have many more questions!!

Simone

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boy you have been through a lot with Lilly, I'm really happy you found us. :welcome:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN Simone!!!

WOW what a story!!! Well I'm glad to hear that Lilly is doing okay… sounds like she is enjoying her new home. I'm wondering if the breeder that you purchased her from realized that she was pregnant? I'm shocked that he wouldn't disclose that information to you… Sorry that she lost her pups. It's a good thing that you guys took her in, or you could of lost Lilly as well. Please if you have any questions or concerns post it on here… we are here to help you. Oh and we would LOVE to see pics of your baby!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to you and Lilly. I'm glad she found a home where she will be cared for and loved.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:welcomeEBN:, Simone and Lilly!! Thank God you rushed Lilly to the ER and that she's doing okay now. We're all looking forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful girl!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and so happy your baby is OK now. So sorry for the pups though, but glad she doesn't have to have pups any longer. I can't believe the breeder didn't know she was pregnant.

OP
L

LillysMom

Dec 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Thanks everyone!! Apparently, the breeder purchased her from another breeder in St. Louis who had artificially insiminated (sp?) her & thought it didn't take. The whole outfit is shady & has been since reported to the ASPCA! Hopefully, something will come of it! lilly.jpg And this is Lilly!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks everyone!! Apparently, the breeder purchased her from another breeder in St. Louis who had artificially insiminated (sp?) her & thought it didn't take. The whole outfit is shady & has been since reported to the ASPCA! Hopefully, something will come of it! View attachment 64027 And this is Lilly!!!

I'm glad that she's okay, and I'm really glad you guys reported the breeder… this could of ended very badly!!! Lilly is adorable by the way… :D

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Wow, that really is shady and so so dangerous! I'm glad that lily is safe now, with a loving family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and:welcome3: to EBN. And the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!!
thank you so much for giving her a new loving home

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww what a sad story...But with a happy ending. You already sound so in love with her :) Thats so great!!!! And she is a cutie pie. I love her coloring!

tampaflygirl

Oct 9, 2014
Greenville, SC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
What a sad story. Poor baby!
Do you remember the name of the breeder? We are getting ready to add a bulldog to our family and I want to make sure we don't use Lilly's breeder!!
So happy she is safe with you now. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.