Hello from England! Im looking to buy my first EB soon.

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi all, im new here and i will probably be asking for some advice and guidance as soon as i have found the right local breeder. Just need to decide whether to get a male or bitch? any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.... best of uck in your search - there are some great article here to read that will help you prepare (home page on the right hand side of screen).

I am partial to males

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello and welcome! I am partial to females!ha!ha! When you go to look at pups-you WILL know the ONE, when you see it-whether it is male OR female! So says I.:yes:

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Thanks for the welcome and advice. I have contacted local breeders and only 1 has a puppy and it is a male.

Last edited by a moderator:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:smileywelcome:to EBN! How exciting that you are looking for a bulldog. I do not have a gender preference but I have two male bullies.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: You'll know the right one for you when you meet them. Happy to have you here!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome, not sure which is the best choice for you but I do know one, you will know when you see your new baby!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum ;-) if you are looking for a female have you perhaps consider adopting? ;-)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Welcome aboard. Bulldogs are an awesome breed, very special as you will find out. As to a boy or girl there are advantages and disadvantages with both it is a personally choice, couldn't say either would be more preferred than the other. But I will say this, research, research and do more research and go overboard in researching the health and pedigree of the sire and dam. I couldn't be more adamant about that. A few weeks or months in this forum and you will understand why. Don't be content with just the appearance of the sire and dam and their apparent health, research the health in the pedigrees of both as well as much as possible. The color, the show champions that a line may have produced and etc will mean nothing in the future if the health of the lines aren't the predominant factor.

Last edited:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:smileywelcome: There are benefits and problems with both makes and females. I have had both and really have no preference. I loved my big goofy males, and loved the sweet (sometimes bitchy) females, too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.