First Time Bully Owner Here

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=1574]Handsome[/MENTION] Tracy, I'm wondering have you tried a "belly band" on Handsome? (Maxi pad on an elastic band that snaps over a male dog's "business maker") I read about them for puppy training somewhere else on the site. Not quite as restrictive in the daytime as a diaper, but it would hopefully save a few spot clean ups perhaps.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1574]Handsome[/MENTION]
He has a very awesome name. Our bully baby Vegas, has that as his number one nickname from his daddy.
Have you tried a litter box? Believe it or not there are a few members who use this inside the house, and have had success! If the bells don't work, maybe try the litterbox!
Welcome to the site!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hi and welcome!! Your boy is adorable for sure!!! He is lucky to have you willing to take him in. I think it is so hard to get people to adopt seniors, thank you! I hope you like it here as much as we do!!!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Bless your heart, And welcome to the forum... Handsome is just that what a cutie.....

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
It's a full time job. Not fun, believe me. lol He's been cleared for medical issues. Our vet says we need to teach him to ring a bell on the front door when he wants to go out, so that he doesn't have to be watched so closely when he's inside. We're still looking for a bell. You wouldn't think they'd be that hard to find!
[MENTION=1574]Handsome[/MENTION]-
go to poochiebells.com, i use a bell for butler to ring when he needs to potty. i installed mine next to the back door w/a 3m hook and tape thing.

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
@Handsome Tracy, I'm wondering have you tried a "belly band" on Handsome? (Maxi pad on an elastic band that snaps over a male dog's "business maker") I read about them for puppy training somewhere else on the site. Not quite as restrictive in the daytime as a diaper, but it would hopefully save a few spot clean ups perhaps.

They are worthless used alone (with or without a pad) because the dogs can get them off easily. We use one in conjunction with the diaper though, as for some reason he won't wrestle it off when the diaper is on with it.

We've tired using the diaper alone, he gets it off. We've tried using the belly band alone, he gets it off. I had tried using a girdle in addition to the diaper before, but it was rubbing his underside, so had to stop that. As far as diapers go, they don't make a doggy diaper that fits him, so we have to use Depends. There a couple different brands that we use, as just like baby diapers, not all are made equally. A lot of them leak after they go potty in them a couple of times.

I think there is confusion when I say my dog is incontenent though. It's not a matter of leakage. He knows how to hold it. He just can't hold it longer than a couple of hours. So when he goes in the diaper, he's actually peeing as much as if he were outside in the grass. By morning, he's gone a few times in the diaper, so it's totally soaked through and through.

Taking care of Handsome, is literally like taking care of a newborn baby 24/7. :crazy:

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
[MENTION=1574]Handsome[/MENTION]-
go to poochiebells.com, i use a bell for butler to ring when he needs to potty. i installed mine next to the back door w/a 3m hook and tape thing.
I LOVE your dog's name!!! That's adorable!!!

Thank you for that link. That is exactly what I need. Where's my checkbook........

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
[MENTION=1574]Handsome[/MENTION]
Have you tried a litter box? Believe it or not there are a few members who use this inside the house, and have had success! If the bells don't work, maybe try the litterbox!
Welcome to the site!

No, haven't tried that yet. But that's why I don't have cats...I can't stand litterboxes and the mess they make. lmao

Hoping he learns the bells quickly. He's not as sharp as he used to be. :lol: It may take him a bit longer than most, but I'm home with him everyday so time at least is on my side.

OP
Handsome

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
Welcome to EBN! I agree with everyone else, he definitely lives up to his name :) That is so great of you to adopt a senior bully!!!!

BTB had already named him "Handsome" and he seems to know it, so we didn't want to confuse him even more. He had been in foster care for years, so it was time for Handsome to have stability for once in his life. He does get a lot of compliments on the name though. lol

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
That is great that you adopted Handsome and he is just that! You will love this website, it's got "great" hoopla and very addicting.

Most Reactions